Classic Saved Retail WoW

Well maybe but I think its more to do with some classes feel less unique than others. I thought it was weird that eyes of the beast for example wasnt still in the game because it was so minor.

Edit: Auras for example seemed to bring a big reaction

They have explained why it has to be removed. Some technical change, not an evil mastermind plan to prune hunters.

If it is really kind of change that makes you more happy and feel saved, gz :roll_eyes:

Im just thinking about why people would say it was Classic as an inspiration.

I think the differences are peculiar, im very unfamliar with current game. What I do know gameplay wise is things like Demon Hunters do a cool jump.

Imo to feel the complexity in modern wow one needs to do content real difficulty comes from interacting with progressively complex mechanics of do some PvP.

But there is a meme around that every class has 4 buttons, which I believe can only be true for pet battlres, who use their classes as a vessel from one PT to other :thinking:

Yeah, I think people that kept up to date with the game has great chance of enjoying it. I personally had a short time of playing during Wrath and Cata and when I came back I expected something that didnt exist.

I think people only really have time for one MMO, if even that so I hope that when I stick to Classic my own community will too.

1 Like

it’s not classic to go back to MOP pre-prune and give us the spells that were baseline…it’s not classic no bring back more class oriented things not ‘‘spec’’ oriented things…
classic is gone and lets hope this expansion isnt yet another horde biased one …maybe silvanus will rule the shadowlands and we join her faction vs void lord …hopefully not

1 Like

It’s kind of unfair, since classic came around the end time of the current content on retail. People were already done with their raid progressions and overall things like neck levels, item levels, etc.

By the time new expansion arrives, the classic hype will be over and people will come back for the hype of the new expansion.

EVEN with the next 8.3 patch, you’ll see a lot of people returning.

So far I’ve seen the opposite. A lot of classic players coming down to retail forums to flame or start trolling threads. Great community.

1 Like

seems to be more of the case, and as weeks go by, i arrive to the conclusion that “great vanilla community” is just a myth, there is just the herd mentality, and the toxicity levels are way, way higher than any games played so far. Shame really as I wanted to desperately play classic since its announcement, and now, even tho i have a lvl 60 and several alts lvl 40 + i find myself really not wanting to log in that game.

That is because people wont move. So while other servers have balanced out to the point that they can remove layering. Some are still busy and have the queues. Although those queues are nothing like they used to be, so they have had the drop like other servers have.

I have nothing against Classic, I think it’s great so many went and tried it and that it looks like there will certainly be enough players sticking around to keep it viable.

It bodes well for the future with other expansions. Although judging by the crowd at Blizzcon there is more interest in Wrath than TBC. I hope we still get both and as separate servers, so that Classic can carry on for those who want to stay in that time capsule.

I agree that Classic did not save Retail. Classic also did not kill Retail. Classic is Classic. Retail is Retail. Some will play one or the other and some will play both.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.