Classic Saved Retail WoW

Classic hasn’t even been out for 3 months.

The features and changes we’re being made aware of now, were in production/concept stage long before Classic released, and they’re a result of Retail player’s feedback based on playing BfA.

Classic didn’t save Retail, and Retail didn’t need saving. Retail enabled Classic, yet Classic fanboys pretend to be messiahs.

Just shows exactly the kind of “community” it is.

4 Likes

nah cata and TBC is far more horrid than BFA is.

Well said, classic far from had an impact here, way too many dated and achaic systems to even be relevant at all.

Funny, I thought classic was supposed to kill retail. At least that’s what the classic cultists were telling us before it came out.

Now apparently it’s saving retail.

Looks like you guys need to get your story straight.

Also this.

And remember the popularity of classic, at least in the short term, took them by surprise. So I don’t really see how they could be making long term plans based on it.

It’s nice to have it as an option and it has certainly added to the sub count. But like people have said, it’s fun for a while but there’s not really that much to do at max level. Even a diehard friend of mine who insisted it was the best thing ever got bored after a few weeks.

2 Likes

My middle name is survival hunter.

Literally everyone i know dropped classic between a day and a couple of weeks

1 Like

If Classic saved retail then classic will die even faster then everybody expected . . . well it is already slowly started after it hit his peak like few weeks ago . . .

The only thing I can think of is the importance of the levelling and professions, and they seemed to have figured that out a while ago but just couldnt come up with an idea to fix it.

This idea does seem more promising. They did say levelling would be faster though, and even though I heard modern retail levelling is boring and slow; It doesnt actually take that long compared to classic so its not like theyre only inspired from classic itself.

Edit: So I think retail seems to be improving but I think its more just retail community speaking up rather than classic

Funny this because before I left for classic I can tell you straight out that I never once witnessed any toxicity on my retail server. The reason is actually quite simple, there was virtually no player interaction whatsoever.

Since being in classic, absolutely no toxicity and lots, and I mean tons of interaction. Thats why retail needs saving x

One cannot kill that which is already dead x

only in your mind little midget

Classic already went down with numbers. After half year it will be luck if classic will have few servers with good number of players. . . Enjoy your running simulator while you can . . .

How can you even say that classic has saved Retail we have’nt even play or tested this one yet. People thought WOD and BFA was going to be amazing and it failed

I dont understand why you think having to travel through the world by foot is an insult.

And with the numbers, it was just insane how many people tried the game out.

The larger servers still have queues every day during prime time hours, and at worst times those queues are still several hours long. Saying that there has been a huge dip in player activity is premature. It has certainly not happened as fast as it tends to happen with retail expansions.

1 Like

Sure man…:joy:

I do really think that a multi millionaire company needs saving from Classic :rofl:

Blizzard: Level squish to 60.
Every zombie Classic’s stream viewer: Retail saved by Classic

This totally related trailer is what saved WoW

1 Like

To be fair something I had forgotten about is the apparent skills coming back.

But again it might be a lesson from Classic but I feel like the retail community was speaking about it before Classic was around. I heard about it im sure.

Edit: It’s certain people in community who speak about things that improve the game. Those that are already invested.

But classic isn’t famous for meaningful and enjoyable complex rotations.
Bringing few RP buttons is a cosmetic move, but of course streamers will sell it as a huge victory for the average player.

I see a smart tactical catering to a very biased agenda driven loud voices. Nothing more.

1 Like