Client doesn't load properly (anything)

So, going to try and keep this brief, and will add details below.

My game has been progressively getting worse and worse in the department of loading. It’s now reached a point where every form of loading takes forever.

• Clicking play on the launcher : game will take in excess of 5 minutes to even open up, and then chuck on a further 2-5mins to log in from login screen to in game

• The world : when first logging in, may as well just go afk for 10 minutes, can’t do a thing off the bat:

• Map is blank
  • world assets just don’t load: logged in flying today and all the buildings in stormwind just weren’t there, I saw the unassetted ground of stormwind, like the ground under the playable ground.
  • Mounting : (this is a fun one) the mount doesn’t load (this is only when first logging in, but also when going through a portal into a new expansion zone, so Ironforge to Stormwind would be fine, but Stormwind to Boralus or Legion Dalaran, or WotLK Dalaran for example, would not.) The player character disappears, I can run around, but the camera doesn’t move and I’m invisible.

During majority of this, both my MS and FPS are fine. I’m not going to list everything, but just imagine anything that needs to load, just takes a lot longer, and things which most of the time should be instant, they’re not.

I’ve recently, returned to WoW, I started BFA on NA servers, as I was living out there, and played on another PC. I’ve been playing Classic since August/September, without any of these issues.

My client is on a HDD, but so is Classic and a number of other games, including Guild Wars 2, which don’t experience any issues, especially nothing like this.

I run fair few addons, including AllTheThings (which I know is very intense on memory usage) and also ElvUI for a UI change.

Specs:
Wins 10
Intel i5
16GB Ram
MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE mobo
GTX 970

Happy to provide any further information that might find a fix.

Hi Tza!

So there are a few possible reasons behind this. First off, I’d recommend a full UI reset, as the problems you are experiencing can indeed be caused by UI issues:

Also, you mentioned running it on an HDD, and you may want to try it on a non-external drive too. :slight_smile:

Yours,

Arythwinn

Ok.

Removed all my Addons and changed Cache, Interface and WTF Folders to …Old

This fixed opening time on the client and the speed of logging in. However loading of map took forever and mounting is just as bad as previously, with my character turning invisible and running around without camera movement.
I didn’t check too much else, but I imagine other things were loading slow, if these 2 things were.

It is an internal HDD, rather than an SSD, never mentioned external.

The issue is definitely not fixed, anymore ideas?

Fixed the issue.

Very basic, was a combination of a UI Reset (Reinstall all my addons) and moving the game folder from my HDD to an SSD - All loading is fine.

Thread can be closed.