Clone and Transfer service

Hello,
i was wondering if was possibile to transfer or clone character in the future, i toke a break from wow in the last month, play less and less… and i missed the possibility to clone my heroes from Era to Wotlk… (and i was waiting years, conosciuos to skip TBC, but i forget to check the news about wotlk release, and therefore, the cloning service.)
I need to wait at least to Cataclysm release (of announced) to transfer my era characters, or i can hoping for the next months to see a clone/transfer service come again?

Thank you all in advance

Actually if you missed cloning it means unless you activated the characters on era already that your characters are on the wotlk realm. Once cloning ended blizzard delated automatically all era characters that still wait for payment for unlocking and if you have those not activated on TBC either then they where automatically unlocked there.

hi your era characters were transferred automatically if you did not do so yourself.

If you were on the following realms your characters have been moved to Mograine:

Bloodfang
Dragon’s Call
Dragonfang
Dreadmist
Finkle
Flamelash
Gandling
Harbinger of Doom
Heartstriker
Judgement
Lucifron
Noggenfogger
Razorgore
Rhok’delar
Shazzrah
Skullflame
Stonespine
Ten Storms
Wyrmthalak

If you were on Zandalar Tribe or Celebras your characters are now on Hydraxian Waterlords.

If you do not see your characters, select the realm it should appear on, select ‘create’ for a new character, cancel this and relogin into the game.

edit: Please make sure that you have Game Version ‘Wrath of the Lich King Classic’ selected in your battle.net Launcher and not ‘World of Warcraft Classic’.

2 Likes

hey, unfortunately my characters are on the Firemaw server on Era…
did you know if they transferred there? on which server?
I need to create a new character over a specific server?

If they where back then on Firemaw and you did not activate them on Classic Era when the cloning service came they are now still on Firemaw WotLK. If they are not on FM WotLK but FM Classic then you activated them in Era already and now can not do anything anymore except leveling from 1 again.

If your characters are activated in Era the clones are gone in wotlk classic permanently.
And if you wait Classic Cata you gonna wait your whole life it’s not happening.

i never activated the characters on Era, maybe i just log in but never press button or purchase service, do you have more news/knowlodge about it?

To be more clear. Do you right now have characters era which you can now log in but those are missing in wotlk era?
Then you likely had them unlocked on Classic but as you did not purchese them on TBC those clones are now delated.

well, my characters are still on Firemaw Era and not Firemaw Wotlk… I tried what Zephinism tell, but i cant create a new hero on Firemaw and for now nothing happen
YES, i did not clone in TBC release and i didnt touch anything when Blizzard give the Clone service option, 2 month ago

Are they playable on Firemaw Era?

If they are not, then they were moved to Firemaw WOTLK. However Firemaw WOTLK is currently locked, so that makes creating a new character to force refresh your character list impossible.

Please follow the last step of this guide from Blizzard.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/8295#:~:text=If%20you’ve%20returned%20to,to%20refresh%20your%20character%20list.

Yep you are to late. Because from what I hear from you, you can play them on era and you never purchased anything this mean, you had chosen for Era instead of TBC.
So shortly before Servermassacre Blizzard delated your TBC Clones as you so said you do not need them because you did not even activate them when the anouncement came and they where reduced in price again. Now you can only start in WotLK Level from 1 again.

so now my character are blocked in Era server? :smiling_face_with_tear:
Poor pally… Well, is time to start a new adventure again. When finally the pally is a lot better from the vanilla era…
Thanks guys for your reply and support, hope for something changing in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Your welcome. Hope could give you some better news but well.
Found here the news to it in German and strangely only in German:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.