Codex of Xerrath

I’ve been wondering, why did blizzard keep this as a level 90 quest item instead of level 110 minimum? Since the quest is impossible to finish at level 90 (kanrethad does 4k per agony damage tick on my 92 warlock while I do 200 on him with my agony, oh and he has like 500k HP) for what reason is it still a level 90 quest? I know I can go back there at lvl 110 or 120 and breeze through it, but I’m paying for this game and blizzard started working like a free to play game company.

Yes, I’m mad, because the details DO matter.

They should have removed this quest from the game as soon as I got it to keep it as a status symbol and stop filthy warlock latecomers getting it.

3 Likes

What would it really change though, majority of people are not gonna try to do it on lvl 90 anyway.

Tbh they should do that eventually, I mean I don’t want anyone to loose on anything but I agree it should be carrying status with it so it might be worth it.

Well it was designed for destro to finish him off with ember tap, but with that gone lol
The entire questline is a meme now n they should remove it

You already got a "status symbol " in mop , the mythic betrayer set with large fel green demonic horns is unobtainable in game unless you unlocked it during mop. And i have many warlocks beyond the one i used to unlock this during mop which i created after and personal opinion id be very reluctant to play them if i couldn’t get fel fire so disagree entirely ,also as a second note. This quest is one of the few class quests that are really damn cool flavour and we have lost to many of those over the years.

Dont give blizzard ideas that will take fun stories out of the game. Its nice to have this still present in game just for the flavour and lore fluff

1 Like

The lore changed in legion when kanrethad ebonlocke decided to reroll to affliction and pruning also ruined warlock lore. The fact that the greenfire is only usable as destro now is unfortunate

Ebonlock in legion STILL used metamorphosis when you used him as a bodyguard despite having affliction based abilities . I think generalising him as a pure affliction warlock is kinda vague , in fact legion established that greenfire quest was still cannon by him having to be brought back from his banishment by the black harvest

Put simply , warlocks in lore often dont have a commited spec in the same way they do in game now. Kanrethad wasn’t a commited demonologist before he travelled to outland to do research on the magic used by the illidari, he became obsessed with the possibilities of power during his time learning it.

I do agree however that greenfire only being destro now and having zero impact on the other two specs is a shame . I miss green soulfire/hellfire on demo

2 Likes

I’d agree, to be honest even though every spec should feel unique they almost completely erased the class behind them, I am Warlock before I am master demonologist or anything like that.

That too yeah, though honestly I love what they did with shadowbolt effect, I am not sure if I would use green fire nowadays but they should make it either for all specs or make you choose which spec to use it for and make it part of settings, like DK voices provided you already did the quest.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.