Combat/PvP Interview with George Velev

Short Interview with Geroge Velev, Game Producer Warcraft, Content Design, PvP, Class Tuning. He is not a designer Designer.

Focus: PvP, short video but better than nothing :wink: .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGwCMByFu64&ab_channel=TechnicallyPVPPodcast

1 Like

Itā€™s a shame we didnā€™t get a more precise answer, he was very often evasive

especially when it comes to Micro cc, Cyclone cc and Class Specific game designe issues in the current PvP

i mean atleast he said ā€œwe talk very often about this issue with our teamā€

But when they talked about having more ā€œplansā€ for shuffle, it was over for me anyway, let it die.

From my understanding this guy is not a PvP dev, therefore he is not allowed to answer a lot of these questions.

2 Likes

ah, then i misunderstood something, i thought he was one of the pvp combat/class devs

do we still have the Live Developer Q&A with the Pvp devs, or does that no longer exist since holinka left blizz?

1 Like

He clearly said what his position is, and what he does.
ā€œShort Interview with Geroge Velev, Game Producer Warcraft, Content Design, PvP, Class Tuning. He is not a designer Designer.ā€

I also wrote in down :smiley: .

i didnt watched the orginal video, i watched the stream from someone ^^

and this vid was really bad, the Questions from bigmoran were very good, but the answers to the questions were so bad, so so bad it should be illegal at this point

so he said ā€œwe have no plans to do anything against itā€ (we have no ideas how to fix it)
(we have currently no planing for this specific type of issue)

so we had a video with really good questions, but no answers, blizz at this point looked really clueless, or like ā€œwe know what the current issues are, but we simple dont care, and dont want to fix them cuz it cost $ā€

feels bad to say, but since holinka left pvp, the game is even worse

https://youtu.be/PzIRVeXcd6A?si=FbNaVh3-lbBHvpR6&t=1858

idk, the old Q&A had a higher Value, than the Current video, because even when we memed about Holinka, he knew atleast the issue about solo que, and he thought about it and had atleast answers, to a few questions

ah and the first 10 minutes about this video was only around ā€œbgĀ“sā€ like whatā€¦ idk, this video is just something else, worse than a Temple run Tiktok video, when it comes to the Quality of Blizz.

sry if i sound like a Doomer, but this Video made me really mad

2 Likes

No chance any PvP dev will ever come forward and show his face on camera, making himself the target of the entire PvP community, after what we did to Holinka. Blizzard doesnā€™t pay enough to compensate for the abuse.

2 Likes

good point yeah

kinda sad that i wish him back now

1 Like

I am going to quote Bigmoran from the US Forum:

And Gerissar

Just in case the same questions are getting asked like in the US Forum:
Thread:

Holinka saved us in Legion from BfA-Style Gearing. After he left the WoW Team mid Legion, BfA came out and we all know how it turned Gearing for PvPersā€¦that painā€¦damnā€¦

But yes, Holinka was in touch with PvP and the Devs that were working around it at the time, but times changedā€¦sadly in this case.

They sure were better, but PvP-wise they were pretty rareā€¦

See my first Quote from Bigmoran.
They had so many questions, but afaik, they have to send Blizzard their questions, and Blizzard picks the questions theyā€™re going to answer, but iā€™m not 100% sure. Also, the new BG is something Blizzard wants to talk more about, soā€¦

Bigmoran, and Venruki did a good job when it comes of asking Questions, this other Guy, just wasted 11 Minutes of our life, for meaningless Bg Questions which has largely already been answered by ion

and with neil bresnahan he did a good job by making the Podcast, but his question where really Weak, and cost us 50% of the video.

i mean also in my opinion the Wod gearing system was the best, with Elite sets on top of it, this also came from Holinka, so this guy got too much hate for no reason, and he also got hated for Pve class change/balancing where he had no control at all

I think itā€™s just karma for the PVP community for bullying him out of the game

yeah, i still remember the rng corruption gear thing, the pvp and m+ chest, where your luck was based around to get a titanforged versa item, if it was a haste krit item, u could instantly delete it.

Most of the questions were really good like i said, But Blizzardā€™s response was very, very weak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15HTd4Um1m4&ab_channel=AmooxYT

it reminds me of this video

You mean Gerissar, Host of the Podcast. Afaik the Questions were picked by Blizzard. Thatā€™s why iā€™ve posted the Quotes above. But, Gerissar is more a BG-Guy like me to be fair.

Bigmoran explained why they chose these questions.

Also, to get this short interview, it took months and sometimes years.

True, i also miss the PvE-Bann in Legion - PvE-Trinkets and T-Sets were disabled.

Yeah, the PvP Community isā€¦weirdā€¦and dumb.

Corruption had something interesting, and the way to obtain it wasā€¦letā€™s forget about that, thank you^^.

1 Like