Coming Next Week -- New Source for Azerite Essences

Where? You have like 6 years of all possible forums spammed with people asking for bringing back proper PvP. For giving us PvP specific gear for people who want to PvP only. For bringing back vendors, for not mixing PvE with PvP. All the way till MoP (well actually the end of MoP was when PvP was actually good) you could play PvP only. On vanilla you could go for prebis gear, farm ur rank 10 in 50-59 BGs, buy rare pvp gear, level up to 60 and finish rank 13. Not touching raiding. On TBC you got your reputations while levelign and bought ur rare pvp gear and again … could go into BGs and then into arenas to farm the rest. Not touching raiding etc. And so on and so on. on MoP you had PvP gear that was a bit below avarage in PvE but when you entered PvP it was mythic quality. Now you have to PvE to PvP and there are literally no rewards from PvP. There are no rewards from BGs. Honors are only for achievements. You want to tell me you listen to the community? Nah. Not for years. You killed wPvP with phasing, you killed BGs with no rewards (and then forced people to farm their essence there to kinda revive it, but not for fun and not for PvPers, but again for PVERS to farm stuff) and you killed arenas by removing PvP specific items and vendors that are meh in PvE but superior in PvP. People who love to PvP should WANT to PvP, because simply only by PvPing they will get the best gear FOR PVP in the game.

9 Likes

Can’t say this is exactly what i wanted, but it’s still a good change. It took you a very long time to do somethng about this, so please work on the speed it takes you to react to feedback.
Other then that, good job on finally listening, it’s very appreciated. I would personally make every rank 3 available full stop like with mechagon and nazjatar rep essences, but even if it comes out as is I’ll still be happy, a bit less then I’d like but happy nonetheless :P.

EDIT: from reading a bit more on the us forum, some have interpreted it as “if you have a character that has an essence at rank 3, you can unlock it on all other characters via the vendor. For the mechagon and nazjatar ones you don’t need to have a character with one of those at rank 3 to buy them” if this is how it works, it’s practically perfect. I’ll wait and hope for good news.

1 Like

There is the best, but it sucks it is not what the majority of the community to ask damn you could not make an interface when you open your neck it is linked to the whole account except the level. You are lost I swear !!

This is a great change, very late. But you have been through a lot of issues these last few months as a company so I can kind of? see the struggle with communicating with your player base. There is no apology in this post for the 1 year delay on responding to the feedback, so there is no thank you in my comment. This is a step one for you, for communicating with player base, see what they want, and come up with a solution that benefits both players and you as a company. It took about 1 year to create this change, very slow response, but its a start, get better at this. Now am off to prepare my alts. Bye

in blizzard term it is nivmie … their soon tm is everything from years to centuries

How is it screwing over new players? Don’t they have to go through the system at least once like we did? It’s not as if when 8.2 launched we all had essences.

1 Like

I mean, this is great, but the wording seems slightly concerning. My main is a dps, my fresh alt is a healer. With saying each specific essence must be unlocked do I get absolutely zero benefit from this system? As whilst the essences are obtained in the exact same manner, I have not unlocked/used the healing versions yet :confused:

1 Like

I think this is a bait and switch by blizzard tbh.

Over the last couple of years, they have shown themselves to be a for profit / parent company pleaser. With that in mind, they care about metrics, various statistics to show activision. They do NOT focus on how the game plays for players, instead, they focus on how long a player can play it for or how often they log in.
With that in mind, do really think this system will be like you think it’s going to be? Listen they will make the currency cost VERY high, and if you haven’t noticed they spread out where you get the currency ensuring you do all the content once more.

Visions of N’Zoth activities, such as Horrific Visions, Assaults, raid bosses, Mythic Keystone Dungeons, or BFA Season 4 PvP, will award a new soulbound currency – Echoes of Ny’alotha.

What is said here is KEY. If you know blizzard of late, then you will know what it is going to happen. You will be lucky if they don’t gate that currency in some way, or force you into elements of the game you have no interest in.

Trust me people. Prepare to be GREATLY dissapointed.

2 Likes

So you feel like a fresh 120 with a geared main should have a MASSIVE advantage over a new player who just hit 120? This isn’t something cosmetic like mounts.

It is awesome! Thanks! Wew :smile: Maybe i am going to play my main here or there again for the end of the expansion.

:o

WOW … Blizzzzzzzzaaaaard … what … you going all soft on us now ?

Finally! Here, lucid dream for all!

You know they won’t be getting the gear, right? They’ll get essences. Not 470 gear. Essences aren’t that big, they’re not a “MASSIVE advantage”. And to answer your question, yes. We played through the same thing, we had to start from the bottom and farm everything we have. New players are no exception.

Why should we all be on the same level? That just defeats the purpose of farming. If a new player gets the same thing as someone’s main without doing as many things, that’d discourage people from trying and farming to get the stuff they want/need, since they’ll get it eventually anyway. If you want something, you should grind for it, at least once.

I’d be pissed off if someone got the same thing I did without going through what I had to, or having it way easier. I played the game this much, I unlocked that many things, I worked for them, therefore I deserve more rewards, no?

You should unlock all tank/healer essences to alts for those with DPS only mains, not just nazjatar/mechagone ones…

Also essence cost and acquisition rate should be enough for at least one essence per day or two on alts…

BIS essences aren’t a massive advantage? :smile:

Absolutely, could not agree more with this statement…a lot of people make alts to fill a different role, they should be able to make use of the system too. If my main was a monk/druid/pally I would have everything unlocked and have free reign on alts…but as a pure dps main, I would get no use from this system in that sort of situation despite having fulfilled the same criteria to unlock essences previously, seems a bit silly to restrict it in such a way.

Coming up : new player queuing for +2 and sees “RANK 3 ESSENCES ONLY”

As long as this new currency is easily obtainable, and you don’t need a metric ton of it, I’m satisfied. This really gave me motivation to play on my priest alt. Maybe I could start playing on this rogue as well KEKW

Edit: Then again, why the grind anyways? Just make them account wide and thats it.

1 Like

Great news, thanks!

My god you people complained non-stop for years about getting BOA essences, and now that you finally get it you’re still complaining because you don’t want to work for it and want other role essences unlocked for free? This is a clown fiesta.