Companion App ‘login requires subscription’

Conpanion app updated to BFA on iPhone 7, my battle net account has two WoW accounts, WoW1 (US region, inactive, no game time) and WoW3 (EU, active, game time, no recurring sub)

It’s almost like the app won’t work because I don’t have a recurring sub, but I do have game time. Any ideas?

More info: I login successfully, I select my character (the one on WoW3 - EU with game time) and then it says login requires sub.
I'm having the same problem. Don't have a subscription, but have game time. Think it's a bit lame to distinguish between people with/without subs. As long as you have an active account, you should be able to login.
Well I have a sub and it tells me the same.
16/08/2018 06:46Posted by Azakira
Well I have a sub and it tells me the same.

Same here :(
Have subscription but still get this error...
Hey all,

The companion app only works with BfA content now. As none of you have the new expansion, but do have game time. Which why you aren't able to log into it properly.

If you wish to contribute to a discussion to have Legion missions added back to the app, there is a forum post here.
16/08/2018 08:54Posted by Touragnise
Hey all,

The companion app only works with BfA content now. As none of you have the new expansion, but do have game time. Which why you aren't able to log into it properly.

Thank you Touragnise, this makes a lot of sense. I hope the error messages are more appropriate in the future.
This is a really stupid limitation, i just started leveling in WoD and wanted to manage my garrison missions through the app =/ i am limited in using something that used to work now that the new exp is out. Will you consider enabling the app partially for ppl who dont have bfa yet?
18/08/2018 01:45Posted by Mallefius
This is a really stupid limitation, i just started leveling in WoD and wanted to manage my garrison missions through the app =/ i am limited in using something that used to work now that the new exp is out. Will you consider enabling the app partially for ppl who dont have bfa yet?

I thought the garrison missions weren't doable anymore on the app even during Legion? I only recall using it for Legion content. Support can't answer questions regarding features that might change though, be it on the app or the games themselves.
18/08/2018 02:17Posted by Nyshae

I thought the garrison missions weren't doable anymore on the app even during Legion? I only recall using it for Legion content.

There wasn't any app to run WoD garrison/ship missions at all. The Legion app was the first time you could do any sort of mission outside of the game ;)
So to be clear? I have to have bfa and active sub to use the app? What if I have an active sub and levelling before buying bfa?
16/08/2018 08:54Posted by Touragnise
Hey all,

If you wish to contribute to a discussion to have Legion missions added back to the app, there is a forum post [url="https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17622462502&utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting_itc&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=selfhelp"]here[/url].

404 page not found....
Dang it. I'm a new player who really needs this app and even with sub i cant use it cause i need BfA? Thats kinda stupid.
11/09/2018 15:40Posted by Ailyx
Dang it. I'm a new player who really needs this app and even with sub i cant use it cause i need BfA? Thats kinda stupid.

Yeah i tried the same and indeed this is totally stupid .. I am trying to use an app to check my characters and I dont have BFA for now..

Even the HA app is not active anymore .. What are the other solutions then?
Blizzard doesnt help new wow players....why i should buy bfa if i dont know if i really like it
1 Like