Computer Keeps Shutting Off When Playing

Hi There fellow heroes.

I have encountered a problem yesterday and was wondering if the vast knowledge on these forums could help me.

I have just got back into playing wow again last Monday, however yesterday my computer got insanely hot and shut itself down for what I assume is overheating purposes.

However, the problem I am having is identifying the reason for this overheating problem. It has never happened before and in yesterday’s period my computer must have shut down 7 times (I kept trying to play again).

My specs are:

GTX 750Ti (2 years old, I think)
FX-8350 (8 months old)
Gigabyte Z something HD3 (2 years old)
Windows 10

If anyone has any suggestions on what to do, it would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Check if all the fans are working and aren’t clogged with dust. Then check CPU and GPU temperatures while the system is working to see which one is overheating - if the cooler is working on them then maybe mounting is loose or the thermal compound requires replacing.

1 Like

… even check the PSU fan…

I would seriously replace the free heatsink/fan you go with the FX8350 processor as that CPU runs hot and the freebie that AMD gives out is just not up to the task of keeping that die cool. And that’s before you get to any dust that could accomulate over time.

Had that processor before I moved onto a Ryzen, so know all about how hot that Bulldozer can get.

So agreeing with advice here, clean out the fans and if you can, find a better AM3 heatsink and fan for that processor that can pull more than 125w of heat from it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.