Computer upgrades

Hi all,

I have decided to come back to game after a couple years off due to doing my degree. My current PC runs the game ok at low setting but I am in the market for some upgrades and am just looking for some advice

My current GPU is a Radeon RX570
My Curretn CPU is a AMD Ryxen 5 2600 six-core processor with 8gb RAM

Any advice would be welcomed.

Depends on cost…

You could just drop in a Ryzen 7 5800X3D into same motherboard you have now, depending on if you need to update the bios for that. Plus increasing RAM to 16gb will help as well.

Or move to DDR5 ram with new motherboard and get a Ryzen 7800X3D but you will need another graphics card on top to keep it as close to the processor which would be a RX7xxx gpu or a RTX30 or 40 series card.

But we also have AMD’s Ryzen 9000 cpu’s coming out around July at the earliest to August (Probably non 3D versions unless we find out in June they’re doing the X3D’s at launch.) So either a B650/X670 or B750/X770? boards alongside that. (Not heard much on motherboards yet…)

So, if you can find it, cheapest is a 5800X3D without changing motherboard, some more ram and maybe a better graphics card.

Mid to high cost, new motherboard, ram, 7800X3D and graphics card. (The cpu may drop in price after 9000’s come out.)

Or wait until July and get a Ryzen 5 9600X, 32gb ram, B750 motherboard and the expensive part, the graphics, be it AMD, Nvidia or Intel.

Cheapest though is move to a 5800X3D, get 16gb ram and use your current graphics card until you can find something newer on for sale.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.