Concepts, projects, guilds

Hello there,
I have very simple question to the community of Hydraxian Waterlords about roleplay. What sort of RP guild concepts would you like see brought to life in classic version of the game? What would you like to see created? What sort of RP is ther eon your list that you would like to find on the server? I’m happy to hear your opinions!

Heya!

What sort of RP guild concepts would you like to see brought to life in the classic version of the game?
The idea I had myself for an rp concept/guild was like, a gathering/circle of practicers of all the different kinds of magic, arcane, light, nature, elemental, and with the same carefulness that the Horde has towards them, also to some degree shadow, fel and voodoo. Like, mostly the main centres of the magic kinds are rather affiliated with the alliance side, with the Kirin Tor (arcane), the church of light (light) and the night elven druids and the Circle of Cenarius (nature). The unique advantage that the Horde has though is that the practicioners of the different kinds of magic talk more to each other and are more willing to work together - take for example tauren vs isolationist / gatekeepey night elven druids, take the rather stuck up church of the light and the sisterhood of Elune vs troll loa priests, followers of the tauren sun goddess, etc. Plus, elementarism is only a thing for the Horde until in a few years in Azeroth, the church of shadow is basically a forsaken religion only, fel is much more painted in an evil light on alliance side I believe, etc.
So, the Horde can create such a gathering and joint learning and practicing circle for the different kinds of magic, that would be an awesome guild/concept in my opinion, but I didn’t feel comfortable with founding a guild centered around it on my own.

Other rp guild concepts that I’d love to see:

• The Enlightened Assembly of Arcanology, Alchemy and Engineering Sciences
    (a mostly gnomish organisation that seeks to combine arcane magic, alchemy and engineering to create a universal progressive science)
  • Horde and Alliance guilds that strive for people and cooperation with the other side, guilds and concepts that tend towards war and faction rivalry/opposition are all I’ve seen so far, and it’s the go to / standard attitude for rp characters I guess

What would you like to see created?
So I can remember vanilla still, and on my server back then something was done that I’ve never seen reciprocated in any MMO after: A multitude of rp guilds on both sides created a council like organisation each, and those held council meetings and organized a continuous and developing overarching server story, the Fourth War, which later even got summarized into a book, which saw rp events of many kinds regularly. The world and server felt alive, there was always rp and events, the community got really tight-knit over that. And yes, I’m thinking about my part in this, what I can do.

What sort of RP is there on your list that you would like to find on the server?
See the point above - big rp community events, a variety in what kinds of events these are (war marches, battles, peaceful diplomatic gatherings, research expeditions, celebrations, etc), and a continuous server story held in events and rp actions that people can partake in and that give the feeling that there’s many of us working together and rping together.

1 Like

Thank you for that reply, very informative.

Hey! What do you take me for, a fool? I ain’t about to give away my cool future guild concepts!

Scarlet even in Death:

My concept is former Scarlets who have been turned into the undead yet still cling on to their scarlet beliefs. Their goal is to use undeath to their advantage by purifying the Eastern Kingdoms for all eternity.

The way they’ll go about this most noble goal is to loiter around Stormwind Cathedral square, openly preaching their vile agenda and starting riots without any consequences from the Stormwind authorities.

4 Likes

As it stands right now the concept is completely open to growth, the idea in mind is for a collaborative force of Forsaken parties; primarily the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow and the Forsaken Military.

Three Forsaken-only sects of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow have come to a mutual agreement of the absolute practice of the Four main virtues: Respect, Tenacity, Power and Ascension. Aiming to spread these beliefs throughout the Horde with their actions, in turn solidifying their peoples place within the faction.

After this “Shadow Triumvirate” pitched this ambition to members of the Forsaken High Command, an agreement was made to compile a force of Forsaken soldiers and members who preach the teachings of the Triumvirate; aiming to create the “ideal Forsaken soldier” which could then be utilized against the enemies of the Horde, the Queen and the Cult. This would then reflect to the other races of the Horde, truly preaching that their peoples place within the Horde is absolute.

Possible RP events could consist of: incursions into Alliance territories, growing the borders of Lordaeron, protecting general Horde interests, securing items of power and destroying/corrupting Light artefacts.

I am also looking to have potential conflict with Alliance guilds, specifically the Scarlet Crusade and Alliance militaries, igniting possible RP-PvP events.

All races of the Horde may also join towards the OOC raiding team in mind.

If this happens to interest anyone, and they would like to become a part of this concept, please do not hesitate to post any thoughts or ideas, or contact me in game under the character “Rommacht”.

1 Like

That definetely sounds cool as group that could unite Forsaken rpers with more faith oriented goals and focus on their culture. Something worth trying if you find enough people and interest for such.

I have personaly always wanted guild that focus on IC travelling, exploration, progression and adventure. And by IC travelling I mean actuall traveling, where events hosted are moving from camp A to camp B without use of portals or magic stones to get there quickly ooc. Of course I would love to see good old campfire rp along the way, helping locals and establishing group position and gaining trust through different tasks as well as aiding people (be it for money or otherwise) whenever the group goes. I guess good, a bit stereotypical adventurers, although travelling military unit would sound cool too. When characters starts simple and grow with the stories by gaining experience. Sort of DnD style I can imagine.
I guess if you find any guild like that please let me know lol.

I love this idea! I’m currently in Tarren Mill where we have a small sub-section dedicated to the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow. I haven’t had the chance to do any RP with the guild yet, but once Keoni Darrow is an established member of the Cult, I’d be very keen to see this circle of magic take shape!

Back when I was really active in my old server’s RP community, I used to host events centred around the established holidays, to promote cool RP stuff outside of the big guilds. Speaking of guild, I was also involved in the creation of something we called the Union Accord. Essentially, it was designed as a council of all the big guilds, so we could work on large-scale events together. It grew to be pretty damn cool. Of course, for something like that have a chance to succeed, you first need established guilds to create it. It’s a long term goal, I guess you could say =)