Concerns about character moves

Don’t get me wrong this move seems to be a good way atm (if not the only one) to deal with the ques at specific realms. However some issues worry me

1. Is there a limit at the number of people moving from an old realm to a new one? What if half the realm decides to move? Then the initial one will become low populated and the destination realm overcrowded (since there will be people moving from several realms)
  2. Are people moving to brand new realms of at the last two realms that have opened and are just low/medium populated? Or maybe both?
  3. What about faction balance? There are realms atm that one faction has the upper hand in mumbers (bigger issue for pvp realms). I think its logical for people from the weakest faction to want to move elsewhere and in this way the facton balance will be disrupted even further
  4. Finally will there be some action if/when some realms will become pretty low populated?

I believe many people share these concerns and i am making this topic in order to increase Blizzard’s awareness. I totally recognize that they seem to listen to the players but everytime seems a bit late and they fail to prevent major problems but searching for a solution afterwards

To answer as best I can:

1. I doubt it and find it unlikely that even half a sever will decide to move.
  2. US forums has their server moves listed already (EU to come today hopefully), they have created new realms for about half of the servers to move to (mostly full ones), and the other half can move to existing low pop servers.
  3. No way to control this, and I cant see what Bliz can do to help. Servers will naturally have an imbalance most of the time.
  4. Nobody knows this. Bliz has said even mid pop is the same as a full realm in vanilla. As Bliz are willing to help full realms it is not unreasonable to think they would also help out dead realms in the future.

Only a small portion of the overall server will actually move. It will hopefully be enough to outweigh the queues. The original realm will remain at High no doubt. The most popular servers will stay the most popular. This was what happened in retail migration and will happen here.

Faction balance, it’s been 1 bloody week. THere is no faction imbalance. According to whom is there realms where one faction massively outweighs the other?

The next issue will be over the fact that they have to rename their toon because the name is taken on the realm they are moving to. :sunglasses:

Seems like the second question was answered as they made an official anouncement:

1. Shazzrah and Golemagg --> Dragonfang (new realm)
  2. Gehennas and Firemaw --> Earthshaker (new realm)
  3. Mograine --> Judgement
  4. Razorgore --> Bloodfang
  5. Sulfuron --> Amnennar and Finkle
  6. Lucifrom --> Transcendence

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.