Confirmed: "Soul Ash" will drop from Ranked PvP!

Just kidding, PvP players will once again be forced to partake into extensive PvE sessions over weeks and weeks in order to unlock their legendary items and compete with other players.

I can’t wait not to have alts. :nerd_face:

7 Likes

If by extensive you mean clear the higest wing once a week in like 10-15 mins except the first week where you have to clear up to the last wing. There is nothing extensive with Legendary farming at all.

And its not really what PvE players are looking forward to either, for us its high m+ keys or raiding and guess what no Soul Ash there either we also have to go into other things to get our legendarys.

There are so little compared to Legion/BFA you have to do on a weekly basis its really easy to play alts this time around.

6 Likes

Comparing Shadowlands to the two worst expansions this game ever had really doesn’t do it favor.

2 Likes

BFA belings in the bottom yes but Legion even with some of its problems aint one of the worst expansions ever. Legion was quite good especielly towards the end. But like BFA it was just way to much farming.

This time around we will have the weekly Torghast run basiclly and some quests to get our renown up, all in all we’re looking at something like 30 mins a week or so to do all the chores. Rest of the time we can just focus on what we like to do.

1 Like

No. Class design was at its worst. See full thread:

Yes. The days where we could focus on doing what we like to do all the time, at any time, are long gone.
Now, a videogame features “chores”, and the community has been conditioned into acceptation.

2 Likes

So would you guys be happy if they just made gear completely irrelevant in rated PvP? Just had everybody get set stats for their class and spec? Honest question.

I would. That’s what Legion did, and the only people who didn’t like it were those who were bad at PvP, who couldn’t outgear better opponents and win through sheer numbers alone.

But you can have gear AND PvP: WOD did that.
Back in WOD, you got all of your PvP gear through PvP, it was inferior to PvE gear in PvE, but it scaled all the way up when entering PvP combat.

2 Likes

And the people that hated the idea of the game moving away from a character progressive MMORPG into a template based MOBA.

If you just want to do battlegrounds and absolutely nothing else, if you truly don’t care about your characters at all, why are you playing WoW? Hell, why the MMORPG genré in general?

I actually liked that system. I wish they continued with it instead of adding templates.

If you care so much about gear progression, maybe you should consider playing single player rpgs? MMOs are about competitions.

2 Likes

Wow is not Overwatch or Fortnite so expecting to skip pve altogether is extremely naive.

5 Likes

Why would I play single-player RPGs when I can play multiplayer RPGs with friends?

Half right. MMOs are about playing an MMO with others.

Not everything is E-sports and it was the E-sport design philosophy that changed Blizzard from being a top-tier gaming company to one of the worst.

2 Likes

Speak for yourself. It was a bore not to be able to pick and choose your own choice of secondary stat (even with versatility being a boring and broken stat in PvP) and went against a core part of a MMORPG (if WoW even is that anymore is up for debate).

A mix of late MoP and WoD gearing was what i found ideal in PvP items being upscaled in PvP combat while still being alright in PvE, though of course not to mythic raiding standards.
I do think that the introduction of a trinket bonus for having 2x PvP trinkets is a welcome re-introduction but it could have a larger effect. That way the trade-off from using an overtuned PvE trinket, before it gets reduced in effectiveness, will be steeper.

I wouldn’t be happy with this but I’d take it over the current gearing to be honest. The current PvP gearing is just beyond frustrating.

1 Like

WoW is heavily PvE game, most of the players PvE focused, they won’t rebalance or take a huge attention into PvP for 2-3% players who focused only PvP. PvP is a mini-game, little fun mod for another huge part. Its always was here in weak state, coz in core this game turns around PvE mechanics. Yes, you can say but “it was better before” “insert any other expansion here”, but its weak excuse. There is other games thats mainly focused on PvP - 99% PvP players there.

Funny because I could skip PvE altogether up until Legion.
Prior to that, once you reached max level, you could just get Honor gear (that wasn’t actually complete and utter garbage!) through BGs, and then move on to conquest gear.
Stay in the duel area near Orgrimmar/Stormwind, and keep queuing for arenas and BGs.
This was my WoW life before Legion and the AP grind.

It’s entirely realistic to skip PvE in an MMORPG.
Guild Wars 2 lets you do that. You can make a level 1 character, teleport to the PvP zone “Heart of the Mists”, and once you’re there, your character is scaled up to lvl 80 with all talents unlocked and you can start queuing for matches.
You can level up from 1 to 80 purely through PvP because of that, and you’re never at a disadvantage. And guess what? The PvE community there doesn’t complain about it, doesn’t try to ruin PvP players’ fun.

1 Like

And yet, this is a PVE-oriented game, in fact pvp people are complaining - obviously, this is not a shooter.

If it is a pve-oriented game, then why is there Arena world championship?

1 Like

RPG…

You don’t have to eat all kind of foods in real life I am a carnivore you might choose to be a vegan, you don’t have to do all sports in real life as well, you can specialize in football instead of basketball or volleyball you don’t have to play them all, it is your choice, my choice.

I don’t wanna spend months against artificial intelligence, instead I just wanna fight against real people why this is so hard for you to understand, lol.

I hate PvE and I don’t wanna be a participant. I would not play WoW if it weren’t for PvP and there are alot of players with the same mentality of mine. I’ve never turned WM off since it was introduced 2 years ago, imagine the boredom without it on open world :yawning_face:

1 Like

You’re choosing to order a full English breakfast and only eating the bacon, instead of just getting a bacon sandwich.

If you want to do that, go ahead. But I have every right to comment upon the redundancy of your choice.

Because you could be playing a PVP game, where the entire focus is PVP. Instead of demanding that an RPG be changed to an PVPRPG.

Irrelevant to what I said.

That is the most stupid response I’ve seen in a long time.

GW2 also runs on a completely different system to WoW, wherein character progression is meaningless.

Incidently, how many players does GW2 have?

On that note: in previous expansions you certainly didn’t have to do PVE. Unless you wanted to actually be competitive, since PVE trinkets were outright better than PVP ones. This was mostly through WoTLK and Cataclysm.

Actually, not just trinkets. I assume you remember Shadowmourne, Tarecgosa’s Rest and Fangs of the Father?

2 Likes

No, it is completely my choice but that choice must be given to me, they could manage to provide such an environment in the past, they can do that again.

I can buy a mobile phone and I can use it as a calculator, it is my choice. I don’t have to use everything a mobile phone can offer, what is so complicated about it :smirk:.