Somehow, Legion was some people's favourite expansion

Legion is the expansion that:

• introduced AP grind
  • butchered & dumbed down class design the most
  • introduced world quest grind & time gated content (Suramar storyline, Broken shore)
  • introduced the mess that is Havoc Demon Hunter
  • butchered the lore (everybody has Ashbringer, everybody is “the chosen one”)
  • removed PvP vendors and elite weapon skins, added elite illusion only in season 3
  • outright killed dueling in Durotar & Elwynn

And yet, people were happy because they got patches sooner, so they could experience new content through their boring class sooner.
I really don’t get you guys.

Legion was by far the single worst expansion ever released for me…until BFA launched.

42 Likes

Legion was fine…apart from Suramar, where something was not quite right!..eye tic…

17 Likes

Credit where credit’s due, the Suramar questline was an amazing experience and I’d love grinding rep a lot more if I could go from Neutral to Exalted purely through completing a huge storyline of this quality.
Mythic+ was a nice addition to the game.
I loved the new Karazhan.

Not everything was bad in Legion, but the most important thing about a videogame (how your character plays and feels) was at its worst, and for that alone it’ll remain a terrible expansion for me.

Hell, there was only ONE spec that I enjoyed in Legion: the new Survival hunter, and they managed to dumb it down in BFA.
“Hah! This spec has more than 15 buttons in its spell book, can’t have that! We assume our playerbase is too stupid to handle some complexity nowadays!”

7 Likes

I was doing dailies back in TBC… which were pretty much like the WQs… particularly if you swop out Badges of Justice, for Mana Pearls.

My biggest criticism is that the last couple of Expansions have not been Alt friendly…I do not understand why Blizz are not more attuned to the fact, that fun with Alts/professions are a way of keeping people subbed.

4 Likes

Can’t speak for PvE, but even though the beginning of Legion was tough for PvP alts, they fixed that pretty quickly.
Legion templates meant you could compete even with green quest gear, and you could catch up really fast on the Artifact traits.
No complaints about alts in Legion (except maybe early Legion) from me.

I wish they had kept Legion PvP templates in BFA to be honest. Right now, on a new alt, you have like 80k HP against people with 370k HP. You can’t even partake in random battlegrounds until you’ve farmed PvE for weeks. That’s kind of sad.

2 Likes

I LOVED Legion despite fact that it introduced M+ trash that I hate.

Why?

• Vrykul
  • Suramar
  • Class Story
  • Class Hall
  • Class Mount
  • Artifact Weapon
  • Legendaries
  • Transmogs (HQ)
  • Dalaran Hearthstone
  • Meaningful Enemy: Burning Legion
13 Likes

Meaningful enemy…That did nothing. They “”“destroyed”"" one small part of the world. Only Gul’dan killed a major lore character.
Kil’jaeden teleported like 10 ships near Dalaran, caught everyone by surprise, I thought for sure the city would fall. Nope.

They’re too afraid of consequences to do anything of significance with their vilains.
Azshara and N’zoth, the most powerful beings on Azeroth, won’t kill any major character, won’t destroy any city.

The biggest Legion event? When Sargeras stabbed the planet with his massive sword!
…in Silithus. Killed no one of significance, destroy a boring place nobody cares about.

Meh. Vilains in WoW are poorly handled imo. I don’t feel threatened.

2 Likes

Entire BFA is about stopping damage that Sargeras did. We still didn’t fix Azeroth that is dying :thinking:

6 Likes

Only if you killed Helya mythic without anyone dying (:

9 Likes

As long as there is good class fantasy and class gameplay the expansion is good, bfa lacks both hard.

5 Likes

I think by the time they introduced catch up mechanics in Legion, I was past the point of wanting to get Alts up to speed. Although I had enjoyed it on my Main and the unique Order Hall rewards were encouraging… but since my Alts are mainly for Professions/ Gathering, it became a bit of a chore.

It’s really nothing if you compare it to other games.
GW2 is boring gameplay wise, that’s why I’m still a WoW loyalist, but they have balls when it comes to handling the threat of their vilains.

They completely destroyed the capital city of their world when a vilain attacked it.
Then, they spent like a year having a “rebuilding” iteration of the town, the whole thing was a construction site.
Now it’s rebuilt and it looks completely different than it used to. You really feel immersed in a world that’s evolving:

1 Like

There was Always some sort of grind in all expansions, AP just centralized and streamlined it into one resource.

That’s your opinion, some specs like outlaw gained from it in my opinion. Now specs mean Something.

Again time gating and grinds are not Legion specific

Dh best class

We were already the chosen one, the expac before we were in charge of our factions force in Alternate Draenor.

If you want skill based weapon skins the mage tower was thing, beside the stats were normalized for everyone anyways so if you did pvp only you didn’t need to gear at all.

You can still do that.

7 Likes

The storyline was simply crazy and sad altogether. NB use their withered NB-friends as zombified army. On top of that you have an extreme example between the rich and poor in Suramar with many little stories. The gameplay-element with being undercover was well executed and remembered me on Assassin’s Creed a bit. The rebellion-part was also excellent.

5 Likes

I only started in Legion pre 8.2 patch i think.

I absolutely loved the hell out of it! So the grind is quite normal for me, otherwise BFA is grindy A*.

1 Like

GW2 is ok… but I think you have to pick a race you really enjoy playing… got bored of the Elf type race, its a bit twee.
Keep meaning to re-roll but will have to get around to buying the Expansion with mounts before I do.

1 Like

Legion is my number 1 expansion, but its pretty obvious we don’t judge an expansion on the same things.

My worst ones are WoD and WotLK, and I am aware WotLK has been a player favourite. I personally couldn’t stand it.

Liked most of WotLK… except the Argent Tournament.

If there’s one thing to hate about WOTLK, it has to be the Violet Hold. Can’t believe they recycled that one Legion, now THAT was painful. :sweat:

For you. And that’s the point. We all enjoy different things.

For me, Legion was my favourite expansion for many of the reasons Jesi stated , but particularly for the class halls and stories.

4 Likes