Confused over Covenant campaign sets and how to unlock on alt

Question 1: Can you be Nightfae and have the campaign Covenant set unlocked on your main, and then be Venthyr on an alt (also unlocking the campaign Cov set) and use the NF set on the Venthyr alt, and the Venthyr set on the NF main?

Question 2: How do you even unlock the Cov campaign sets when you are doing Threads of Fate? Do you just fill the bar for each zone and it gets added to your collection? There is no way to do the actual campaign once you have selected ToF, so does it just lock you out of ever getting the set?

I was always under the impression that the campaign sets were locked behind not only having to complete the Cov’s own questline, but also being an active member of that Cov. But I was playing an alt who I made Venthyr because I liked the set, and saw in both my Collections tab and on my transmog mount that I am able to use the NF campaign set despite not being NF on that toon.

Also, I was also able to mount the campaign flying mount. I thought these were “Covenant-exclusive” but apparently if you unlock them on one toon, they just become account bound and usable no matter what Cov you are? So I can go and get the Corpsefly on an alt and use it on my NF main?

I’m hoping someone can make this clear for me, as I can find zero information online that explains things clearly. I never play alts, so there’s a chance everyone already knows this except for me.

1 Like

COVENANTS

• Players who reach 80 Renown with any Covenant will be able to freely switch among any of the four Covenants without cooldown or restriction. In addition, cosmetic rewards that have been earned from a Covenant with which the player has reached 80 Renown may be used even if that character is currently a member of a different one. Both the Covenant switching and the use of cosmetic rewards will also apply to alts once the Renown threshold is reached on any character. Example: A player with a Night Fae Druid at Renown 80 can use appropriate Night Fae cosmetics on their Rogue, even if the Rogue is a member of the Necrolords.

You need to get 80 renown with all covens to use all there mogs.

2 Likes

Can’t say for sure as I have been discussing this with a friend.

You’re correct that campaign sets are now cross-Cov for the same armor types, but I don’t think you need to reach 80 Renown with the Cov to use the set on an alt.

My friend has a monk (Necro) and a dh (Kyrian) - neither of them are 80 Renown with their Covs, not even 40 Renown. Yet his monk has the Kyrian campaign set available in his collections to use as transmog, all except the chest which he has not yet completed the quest to get on the dh. He says the same for a NF warlock sharing pieces with a NF mage which he says he pretty much just hit 60 on and didn’t do much else.

Well i am only going by what i read. I myself leveled 16 chars pre 9.1 to get all coven sets and then i got all koritha sets aswell

4 x mail
4 x leather
4 x clothe
4 x plate

Just to make sure i could use them all then i picked 1 from each coven to get to 80 renown. You asked for some advice and i offered it and linked it only to tell me i am wrong so it was a pointless exercise to try and help. Seems like you already have made your mind up.

Why the attitude? I was just relaying info that I had gained lmao. I had someone log in and compare for me, as they have way more max level alts than me.

It sounds like you’re upset because you wasted so much time getting 16 characters to 80 Renown when you could’ve just dinged them to 60 and bought Renown 40 for 500g each. :upside_down_face:

Like i said i did it

Then why ask when you not going to listen or read what was said on wowhead.

But why should I listen to someone who is objectively wrong? If you replied to my questions saying the sky was green, would you be this pissy too?

So wowhead is now wrong and you know better ?

You mean the place with Shadowlands class guides that haven’t been updated since February 2021? Yeah. I know better in this context.

Except the link is from 9.1.5 which was up to date if you have a problem take it up with them " posted 2021/10/21 at 12:34 PM by Squishei"

It’s still objectively wrong lmao.

But that’s fine. We all make mistakes. :slightly_smiling_face:

So wowhead is wrong okay i rather believe them than you .

If you want to use coven sets only which are earnt doing the 9.0 campaign you need level 40 renown with all covens.
If you want to use koritha and death advance sets you need 80 renown with all covens.
I can not put it more simple its all on wowhead which was updated for the patch.

If you do not believe WoWhead were is anyone else meant to link a source for you ? as MMO and Icyveins say the same thing.

And if you use wowhead for class guides means you do not care about your class to look into it more closely.

^^ This pretty much.

Although I was less crazy than you and just did an 80 grind in each covenant for plate :rofl:

1 Like

If the character which unlocked the sets reaches renown 80 with that covenant then all rewards are unrestricted

The campaign is a max level questline so there are no consequences in picking threads of fate.

You need to have 80 reknown to have sets available cross covenant, unless there was a bug that affected it at some point.

My alts were behind on Reknown, and when 9.1.5 hit I only had capped Reknown on my night fae character (since your alts were capped on Reknown unless you did the korthia campaign on them from start to finish). The NF set were available to every alt of mine, but the rest (necrolord, venthyr and kyrian) were only available to all characters when each respective covenant alt got their reknown to 80.

As to answer your second question: You need to reach level 60 on your alt before you can start the campaign that unlocks the armor sets. Threads of Fate only affects leveling.

Flying mounts were covenant exclusive, along with the covenant armor sets, until 9.1.5 took that restriction off. You can use other covenant mounts now. The only thing from what I have seen is still covenant exclusive are some covenant-themed weapon enchantment effects.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.