Congratulations Blizzard, once again you fail us

Did we not learn that precious mistake with the guild perk ‘Cash Flow’ back in Cataclysm?

Did you not witness the turmoil it caused with both the economy and the vileness it breeds with cesspit guilds being a constant nuisance for those who do not wish to be ninja invited into a guild that has one purpose alone… And that is to make the guildmaster a lot of gold…

Do you not understand the concept of ‘gold generation’ that Cash flow perk does to the already stupid abundance of gold and the toxicity it breeds in WotLK as we speak?

Do you not see these goldsellers running rampant or are you that blind that you can’t put two and two together?

You failed us yet again, and continue to do so with obvious issues at hand…
Cash Flow should not be in the game, it should be removed completely as it is and was abused.

Do you realise how that disgusting perk makes the game far more harder to keep up with for those who are merely playing as casual, quite frankly… This affects EVERYONE…

But you’re so oblivious to the issues that were obvious from the very get go when Cataclysm first released originally.

Some players feel they HAVE to buy that stupid token just to be able to compete with others, but you love that don’t you? Because that lines your pockets of course…

I’m infuriated that we’re going through this again.

Soon payouts in GDKPS will be 150k because theres so much gold, that items will be in the thousands of gold and the poor sods who are just starting out have a hard time acquiring anything unless they fall for the token trap

4 Likes

I doubt that this guildperks impact will be even close to blizzards inability/unwillingness to deal with bots.
Sure, people will spaminvite everyone but cant you block guildinvites?

1 Like

So the solution is to just block guild invites rather than just remove the obviously problematic guild perc?

1 Like

Yes. You act like its a big deal to block guildinvites, its 1 click in the interface. And just like I said, when it comes to bringing new gold into the economy the perk will be nothing compared to the tenthousands of bots farming 24/7, getting banned MAYBE once every 6 months.
You have to realize that cata classic will have waaaaaaaaaaay less players than the OG cata which means that the number of huge massguilds to make the perk profitable is also most likely going to be very small (or non existing on smaller realms).

and how is that a problem ? :smiley:

unless you are not good enough to join those runs as seller only as buyer :slight_smile:

1 Like

block invites is just a preventative from being hounded to join.

But ideally the perk needs to be deleted permanently

As for Lilith, you are missing the point entirely. Answer you’re looking for is inflation

As for bots, well that issue is for Blizzard to sort, but they’re paying subs therefore they do not give a monkey because money talks.

However from experience when a GM on a Pserver I used to play, there was a system notification of who what where how and when and what kind of botting system is used.

But it’s too much for Blizzard to fund for GMs to deal with the bullsh*t comes with bots.

Hence, they fail us all the time. But here we are still…
Sad really

1 Like

And nobody has to accept an invite.

Also a good thing that Blizzard mentioned during the reveal of Cata Classic becoming a thing that they’d be looking into that specific ‘‘Cash Flow’’ perk.

You don’t have to join a guild if you do not want to, if people are too weak to be able to say ‘‘No’’ and simply not join guilds, that’s on them.

I don’t know how accurate 6 months is.
But you never bann individually overtime. You bunch them together and massa bann at once.
Otherwise you’re just alerting them.

Whats better, banning a few over a week & then have them all retract & fix whatever made them easily spotted or waiting a few months & banning thousands accounts at once ?

edit: It’s like cheaters in fps games for example. It’s a cat & mouse game.

Rhodric, without toggling block invites, you’re met with many uninvited guild invites, do you know how disruptive that is?

Yes you dont have to accept, but it’s extremely disruptive when you have cesspit guild masters pressing one button on their mass guild recruiter. And there is alot, in 30mins of creating my gathering druid, I received 8 ninja invites.

I understand the frustration aimed at me when I give a friendly whisper about my community guild. It’s easily ignored like a fart in the wind, however invites… Have to either press ESC or Decline.

Cesspit guildmasters do not give a flying monkeys about the other person

Hes point was that it just makes more gold for no reason,abusable and add more inflation, and its so easy to stop that by just removing 1 guild perk.

2 Likes

Yeh there is already enough gold in the economy without the game generating more unnecessarily. It might have seemed like a good perk at the time but it is one of those old features that makes no sense and has little to no positive impact. Therefor it won’t be missed if it is just removed.

2 Likes

I’ve been met with a total of 3 during the entirety of Wrath. And I don’t find it disruptive, I simply click ESC and it’s gone.

Damn, the horror.

Pretty sure they mentioned doing something about that, just so it wouldn’t be happening again.

The solution is to cancel Cata and roll fresh Vanilla which progresses to TBC in 2 years and to Wrath in 1,5 years. On top of that remove token, ban GDKP and bots - problems solved. But hey it’s Blizz, they want to invent a wheel, fix things that aren’t broken.

5 Likes

I think a simple weekly cap would suffice… now on the other hand with the bots problem they might form guilds of their own and get extra gold that way… just my humble 2 cents on the matter :smiley:

1 Like

The solution is for you to go 0 1 IRL

gdkp is perfectly fine loot system assuming theres no bots/rmt stop mixing them togheter

2 Likes

The thing is they co-exist and one will usually bring the other. GDKP ultimately will end up generating demand for gold especially if it’s dominant form and will create a barrier for entry for those that try to catch up. This will lead people to take shortcuts because not everyone will have time/will to spend their time farming daily just be let in the lowest tiers.

Similarly when there’s ability to buy gold and let’s be honest there always will be the desire to pay for services will show up as well.

1 Like

before the sod experiment I would agree but sod banned gdkps and swiping is still just as common

I never said GDKP is the only thing that leads to botting and Swiping. Ultimately players especially as they have less time will look to save time. And gold making does take time especially if you’re going for the endgame as consumables from my understanding weren’t particularly cheap due to rarity of materials needed.

1 Like

They should allow the choice to play whichever expansion a person wishes to play.

But I completely agree they should do the cycle all over again for Vanilla/TBC/WotLK

1 Like