Considering to start a Dk

Hey There,
I started to thinking about make a DK.
Today morning I took a glance the forum , had intended to figure out how’s the things going.
So now, I am trembling.
I would only doing PVP but I assume that start a DK now kind of a ticket to suffercoaster.
Am I right with the suffering or there are a lot of ways to play but some skill is required for that?

Thank yall in advance

What spec are you thinking of going with?

I believe Frost is considered to be better for PVP at the moment but could be wrong. So it depends.

I am a Pvp man no chance to play Pve. To be honest I have no clue about the DK specs. The only thing I know is that the blood is a Tank talent. ( If I am not mistaken)

why dont you just try it out and join us on a riot train shoooo shoooo

4 Likes

You are aiming to do pvp? Then DK is the worst option amongst other classes.

3 Likes

dude suffer well

2 Likes

If u want to do any pvp i could not suggest a class further away than dk. Could argue dh is worse but dh is also in comparison extremely easy to play.

Seriously, don’t bother. Make a paladin and go retri. If you’re experienced and good at the game then go warrior and roll arms.

2 Likes

i always like and hate when people come into here and realize the entire Dk situation, especially frost, im very jaded from this retarded roller coaster ride since legion, i hate the devs so much but the thing that stings more is that NO ONE knows this pain, it stings extra hard when creators like savix make masterful videos playing guts theme on a rightful nerf when palas got their first nerf when SL was released.

really paladins? REALLY??!!? REEAALLY?! thats a shame how bad you have it.

1 Like

Savix is extremely biased to the surprise of nobody. If retri isn’t broken he is making meme videos and while they do hold some merit he over exaggerates it. He claims ret is a wheelchair class still but in truth it really isn’t anymore no more than dk is but we aren’t over here 1 shotting people or spamming lay on hands on our team mates.

Savix makes great content and is a good player but take hes views with a pinch of salt especially during shadowlands where the entire class not just spec has been giga busted.

3 Likes

I know, the issue that i have mentioned so far is that no one really knows how bad it is to play DK in SL, and people will never know because we hardly have a charming witty memey creator to make a video that really can show and in many cases exagerate to really push the point, instead we have apologists, we have acherus discord tyranny that is perfectly happy pressing grip,sleetChillstreat Syndragosas fury with their WW buddy, or pressing BoS and ERW and then clicking one button while taking a dump on the “braindead obliteration” talent. it huuuuurts it huuurts so much. Once wrath classic might roll in after TBC classic i am betting money that these DK players will fumble and have a tough time with the rune system, complaining about why the runes work this way blablalba, well welcome you little whiny brat, this is how it used to be, it had flaws but it took some thought to master.

and yes, release wrath DK’s was busted, i played Beta and for that half year before release balance went from a trinket being 30% of all your damage to being so powerful the OP release wrath DK was not even close. but the class got balanced in over time, with bad decicions sadly rip Shadow of death.

BoS Delenda Est.

2 Likes

DK is awful dude trust us. If u r engaged by any melee your only option is to die miserably :frowning:
May be at 223+ ilvl u start to get fun out of it, just may be

Hey OP,

i am glad you want to join us DKs. I see you only want to play pvp so let me tell you how i feel about pvp. I am fully pvp geared 226 ilvl (got 2100 in RBGs).

your only option as DKs in pvp right now is being target caller in RBGs. frost is stronger at that roll than unholy.

In 2s there are way better options than DK as melees. as most have pointed out arms or retri. because we neither have the burst that retri has nor do we have a mortal wound effect.

in 3s you are merely a melee support class for retri, warrior or windwalker. as DK you sure have some high overall dmg, but most of it is your DoT from frost fever and is therefor in this burst meta not good.

you have the following abilitys nerfed in pvp between 33% and 66%:

• frostwyrms fury
  • cold heart talent
  • rune of the fallen crusader
  • death strike healing
  • breath of sindragosa

you lack some serious melee damage mitigation. in this burst meta we are pretty easy canonfodder cause we dont have an immunity. an 8-10 sec immunity like turtle, bubble or iceblock is super strong right noww. we as DK lack that.

if you just want some normal bgs there are way better melee options than DK. i am sticking with DK cause i dont want to start the grind all over for another class.

your highest hitting ability will be obliterate as Frost DK.
my highest hit in rated content was 11k. meanwhile you will get hit for

• 20k the hun
  • 18k chaos bolts
  • 30k final verdicts
  • 20k mortal strikes
  • 14k rising sun kicks
  • double 15k starsurge from boomies during convoke
  • 20k shadowstrikes from rogues

but let me seriously tell you, if you dont enjoy being a target caller in RBGs there are way better melee classes you can play than DK.

4 Likes

lets be real guys the first thing blizzard did to us in the ptr just now was nerfing the one pvp talent that was less toxic to our play style gotta say they really try to sell us the next patch tier they dont even address the so many great problems frost death knight currently struggles whit ontopp of the horrendous talent tree pve/pvp we got i’m sure as hell not returning to this game until blizzard smash their heads on the table and fix us properly

1 Like

the difference is you can get more obliterates during your burst then all those spells you mentioned

Everyone hold a stop/cc/kite mechanic to use when they see Pillar is up. You will be lucky to hit more than 2 obliterates. Ofc its a matter of teamplay and ur team can help u do more of the damage potential. Its indeed very good damage over 12 seconds. But its very hard to utilise its full potential in 2s for example. I would prefer to have a setup that throw all that dmg in 2-3 globals… like most of the other classes have.

1 Like

if 3 to 4 obliterates that in the end becomes a total of 44k k over 8 seconds (+ FS hits that hits like noodles) it’s hardly comparable, dont lie. problem is that once a paladin hs done his ramping super burst to that final verdict, he can still hit you for 8-10k verdicts reliably still, we cant do that

1 Like

No idea why you trying to make DK seem in the worst light.
It has a lot of issues, yes. And it won’t change by you bashing people who think otherwise.
I stated a fact and you already accused me of lying lol. The amount of toxic posts from you is astonishing, and I really cringed on the one you wrote in caps about “suffering every day”. That’s just next level.
Get some ilvl and you’ll see the results, any class would feel awful if you sit on around 200 ilvl

1 Like

fine then, not a lie, but putting the obliteration window in the same ballpark as any other class in the raw power brought forward in any PvP burst phase is dishonest arguing, plus i dont care if you see it as “cringe” thats my genuine experience of 8+ years on this class in casual content with rare raiding and rated PvP attempts, i am not one that knows the in’s and outs of Dk in PvP, i would never argue that but what i can however say and stick too is that this game is in essence a casual game, you as a fellow roleplayer should know that all to well and you do not need to be a 2’s veteran of 5 years or a 3’s champion to state the simple fact that an obliteration window can be powerful on paper in arena/PvP BUT, people you face will NOT stand there like an m+pack or a raid boss, the average oblits you get out of an obliteration window is 3, sometimes only two because of enemy mobility, stuns, immunity CD’s, your own slow GCD having to weave an activation for KM in Melee.

call me toxic all you want, there are countless nameless and faceless people behind me that hold the same views i have, fed up with the long stripping down of the class/ruination of the core game etc, i just choose to speak out because that is what i and many other genuinly experience this game and class right now, the truth, my truth and many others. And sure, there is also people that are like you while i understand that the saying "its not all bad, just do that, just wait until more ilvl, just farm those items, just just just.

That is aswell a dishonest argument because…

half the class roster ripping the game open on release month suring leveling and gearing ifeels awful? getting deleted in an aimed shot/killshot global, getting convoked to the face by one druid vs 3 people, getting rogue cheesed and ded before he can load in from stealth etc etc ETC. i wont take out the countless points why playing a DK right now is hell, as i have made those arguments before in many of my posts, dig em up if you want but you might cringe again so beware.

To the OP i say this,a s we went Off topic: Try it if you want, and decide for yourself, truly truly, try leveling, try pvp, try rated pvp, try normal raid, semi high keyes, no one except the self can truly know how something is unless you try, regardless of points for or against, i just say this, dont make it your main.

1 Like

Bad idea if you are maiming PvP

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.