Console port

I almost exclusively game on PC but 90% of the people I know are console gamers. Lots of them have expressed an interest in wow but won’t buy a pc for it, using their phones or iPads for any web stuff.

My question is, are we going to see a console port onto the next gen systems as we’re already getting controller support.
Those systems are more than powerful enough for a decent port and it opens wow to a huge player base.

Blizzard already stated, that there won’t be a console port of WoW. They added controllers support in order to provide a better experience for players with various disabilities, so they could enjoy their favorite game without having to reach for third party software.

6 Likes

Cant imagine playing wow on xbox, for real…

This

1 Like

Unlikely. I suspect that Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony would want a percentage of subscriptions and in-game transactions if WOW appeared on consoles. Even if the hardware is capable I doubt that Activision would want to share the cash.

The official blue post on the topic:

And this is the controller that they’re adding support for (although the APIs will likely support regular Xbox and 3rd party controllers):

Here’s a bit more about the Xbox Adaptive Controller.

1 Like

How are you going to use 24+ abilities at console? Only trash games like ESO and GW2 can be playable like that because they have two bars with 4-5 abilities.

Yeah, yeah~ Rotation in WoW can be made out of 4-5 buttons but you are actually using this 24+ abilities. Blizzard would have to dumb this game even more and noone will like it :roll_eyes:

Dunno what is performance of people with disabilities using controller in WoW but I bet that they are flamed a lot~ or they are avoiding pugs :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Stands to reason given how insecure the PC Master Race is when it comes to consoles.

“Hey we are bringing out controller support for people who may need it…”

I felt a great disturbance in PC land, as if a million voices cried out in terror… I fear something insignificant has happened. You better get on with cuddling your keyboard…

2 Likes

But seriously, the Xbox (and probably the PS5) has keyboard and mouse support. They could even sell custom controllers, like Steel Battalion had:

Or they’re pissing on us from a great height thanks to the added controller support.

3 Likes

I remember getting PSO for the Dreamcast.

Keyboard peripheral as well. A keyboard peripheral for a console isn’t exactly new. It’s just more insecure PC kids terrified that someone may have something so they feel the need to denigrate consoles despite Blizzard’s constant press release saying WoW will NOT be on console.

1 Like

You can play eso and final fantasy on console why not this?

I love this, but I won’t lie. I’m gonna use the hell out of this so I can mindlessly farm stuff in a more comfortable position.

The only thing they share is being an MMORPG. I mean sure people that buy keyboard+mouse for their console are going to be fine, anyone that does not will be reduced to rubble, be it mythic or arena.

1 Like

I cant imagine those playing on consele too… Idk i have at least 20+ binds rn, cant imagine then now, and definitely cant imagine it wow cross platform, it will either be unbalanced af or not working at all

FF14 is crossplatform and works perfectly fine, and the abilities rotations in that is
a little more involved compared to WoW, with its mixture of combos to line up.

You get a like for being one of the ten people in the world that knows Steel Battalion.

2 Likes

got a PS4 must buy a PS5 when it comes out …

It is very unlikely, I’d like to see them blizzard activision try a move on the console market for a good laugh just to get swatted like insects =)

Both nintendo, sony, x-box would mop the floor with them, the console market doesn’t forgive and each got his speciality i.e nintendo in hand held system and making money out of familial game etc…

stick to your: omg no one understand the genius game designer i am corruption/essence/wthell system and a mount skin recolor my teenage niece would draw a better one for 20 bucks if you don’t want even the people cleaning blizzard building to be “released” ! :rofl:

It appears that some of them are indeed pissing on us from a great height.

And since this is my 666th post...

:metal: https://youtu.be/WxnN05vOuSM :metal:

24? That is too small, it is possible to map at least 40 abilities in a controller.
4 main buttons from the controller and the pad used as buttons, that is a control bar of 8 buttons.
Also the triggers can be used to switch control bars, so button A will be mapped to a different ability than L1+A, L2+A, R+A, etc. That means 5 control bars of 8 buttons, 40 abilities,
It is even possible to map additional control bars to trigger combinations, like L1+R1+A or L2+R2+A

That is how FF14 with controller works, and that is also how WOW with controller works. Blizzard wont add official support for controllers until Shadowlands, but it is already possible to play with one using addons and what i describe you it is how it works.

Well, people usually forgot that WOW is not just Mythic+, raids and pvp. There are multiple casual aspects of WOW like leveling, doing quest for the story, worlds quests, legacy content, battle pets, fishing, etc where the difference in performance between controller and keyboard it is irrelevant.

1 Like

It won’t happen. Tell hem to buy a pc instead an qq.