Constant disconnects every ~45 min, can't play hardcore (pls help)

Hello, I’m not gonna lie, I’m losing my mind with this one. I am huge classic hardcore enjoyer and I just can’t play it due to constant disconnects. Thing happens randomly, once I get disconnected after 30 min, another time after 1h or 2h. What I tried so far:

• unchecking all network options in-game (optimizing speed, IPv6)
  • capping fps for background and foreground to 60 (in-game option)
  • clearing game folders (Cache, Interface, WTF)
  • DNS flush
  • selective startup of applications
  • disabled Discord overlay
  • stopped alt+tabbing
  • massively reduced amount of addons
  • contacted internet provider, but they said there are no connection problems at all
  • port-forwarded wow ports

I am losing my mind, since I really want to play the hardcore, but it’s nearly impossible. If anyone has ANY even the stupidest sounding idea - please let me know, I am ready to try anything.

Seeing as you already did just about everything to exclude teh problem being on your side (save possibly driver updates… believe it or not many years I once had similar issues and a new GFX driver solved them. FWIW), you might want to post this in the customer support forum and /or open a ticket…

Do you havee the same issue with other games as well. The interuption is probably to short to notice while browsing or streaming

Check your router. I remember a friend having a similar issue and we found out it was related to DHCP Lease time. The time it takes before the router refreshes the IP address from the ISP. I don’t think its very common to see these kind of things but you should definitely check and rule it out.

Other than that I’m pretty sure the issue is within your router, and I assume you are not playing over WiFi.

I used to have CAT5E wire from router to PC and I had DC’s every now and then. My internet provider told me to buy newer version so I changed it to CAT6. It helped at least for me. I would suggest to check router/modem/wiring in your case.

Haven’t played in a while, but I had the same problem before. I could play for hours just fine, and hen get bumped out 3 times in an hour. The problem seemed to happen more in dungeons than in the open world. Nothign with the stress as a 5 man dungeon was more likely to happen than to stand in SW or Org at peak hours. What solved it to me was to bypass Battlenet. After that my DC was gone. Apparently it wasn’t anything on my side, it was a battlenet issue.

i’ve had some friends with a similar Problem - disconnects every ~30 min or an hour. They all using AVM Fritz!Box routers. Solution was to disable the Windows NCSI Tests. my Conclusion: It looks like windows is trying to resetting the network if an internet connection test was unsuccessful.