Constant Gamma Flickers

Its something on blizzard side. i have all drivers up to date and reset interface multiple times and tried all different options in it. nothing helped. Welcome to 8.2.5. hope you like flickering

Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard >???
flickering flickering flickering flickering flickering flickering flickering…
when fix it???
tyyyyyyyyyyyyy so much for new patch and broken half game for this flickering

1 Like

same issue, on my RX570 and on my laptop’s HD630…
i have the newest drivers and win update and it was ok before 8.2.5

Hi all

Thanks for getting so much info sent into us, and video clips from those that provided those, all that info helped our developers to narrow down what was going on. There’s a potential fix being worked on currently, which will hopefully be pushed out soon. Keep an eye on our official Hotfixes blog for updates on when that gets pushed out

4 Likes

I look forward to see something in that hotfix list that fixes this. Thanks for being with us through it. Very much appreciated. <3

Hope this is going to be fixed soon, i also thought my graphic card/monitor is dying . The issue is also very frequent with my rogue on some abilities, other classes seem fine

yeah, its still bugged, 3 hotfixes so far from Galcavon’s post and no fix for this…its annoying af

When is that fixed? Thats rly terrible…

This started happening to me but only on one of my characters (Hunter) it has so far happened in Nazjatar & Stormsong and it only happens to me during combat or when I try to use my Hearthstone.

This makes me wonder if it’s related to a specific azurite trait or essence shrug

Still get a flicker when changing from flight form to ‘normal’ sometimes and/or in combat, and seems to only be in fish land.

At this point I’m assuming the grand plan is to push out these alleged mythical fixes for these now very annoying bugs (flicker and quest lag jitter thing) when 8.3 hits and then pray 8.3 doesn’t break anything.

(it will by the way)

I have some weird lags in game, maybe it’s the same issue.

so i found another fix for it, my monitors have the option to increase refresh rate, and after i reducing the refresh rater to normal from faster , the flickering stopped

I am happy that I am not alone. I have exact both same problems as you. Brightness flickering during loading screen + worse issue: these 1sec lags. It’s happening after WQ completion, after killing some elite, boss and so on. Sometimes randomly during traveling or just when my character is staying in city (for example) combination with writing in game chat. These problems arrived after last patch. Before update everyting was fine during whole BFA. I checked all graphs in task manager and only one fluctuation after 1s ingame lag is at Ethernet network.

There are two strange problems. Screen flickering + 1s game lags/freezes.

Hey Pittore,

Blizzard is aware of this and its actually a widespread problem with many clients, they are currently trying to find the cause & fix it.

There is a large thread here: Small lag on quest turn ins and WQ completed - #167 by Adlerbury-khadgar

Looked into but not yet solved as of October 2020. With freesync enabled in fullscreen (windowed) I get gamma flickering. With freesync enabled and windowed mode, I get no gamma flickering. But I shouldnt be forced to play in windowed mode.

1 Like