Constantly disconnecting while character is drunk

Ever since brewfest started i’ve been getting drunk as you should. While being drunk i will DC every 2-3min while flying around. Even tried disabling all my addons and it still disconnects me

4 Likes

There is an undeniable urge to make a “don’t drink and fly, kids!” joke here…

However, odd as that may sound, disconnects that occur while drunk-flying are usually the result of data packet losses on the connection route. More specifically: the “tumbling” flight pattern has a tendency to make low-level synchronization issues (where the character is actually in a slightly different position server-side than shown on screen, due to losses of data between the client and said server) visible, which the game would otherwise often be able to still compensate for. If said de-synchronization goes too far the connection would indeed be disrupted, with results exactly as described here.

The steps listed here will hopefully prove helpful in improving the stability of the connection - it may also be worth a shot to test a VPN, to see if matters improve with a changed routing path. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get disconnects also, and my ms is never above 25, but this only happens when i get super drunk

1 Like

I can confirme this, I never had any issues getting disconnected while flying but for the first time I drank a lot of beer ingame and got super drunk, as fast i try flying I get disconnected, every 1-2 min, but only when I fly drunk.
This most be some kind of bugg.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.