Constructive Feedback: Dragonflight FERAL DRUID Talent Tree

Because it waste my combo points to reduce my effective damage.
Either of those is reason enough. I generally don’t want to have lower damage nor do I want to waste combo points.

That’s why I apply Rip that lasts longer.

But it is used for AoE-situations. You’re not suppose to press it in single-target, you press it when there are so many targets that PW does more damage… If you’re worried about overriding your already existing single target Rip then yeah, that is an issue and should be fixed either with some kind of priority or by (my favourite) making the dot component separate from regular Rip. I think it makes a lot of sense to have an AoE-finisher in the baseline toolkit and makes zero sense not to have it.

As a PvPer there’s no situation in which it’s useful.
You know what’s go-to legendary for Feral for PvP?
Draught of Deep Focus. Look up what it does.

Feral is so much played around single-target in PvP that the second legendary (Unity) isn’t even played and Ferals do play with one legendary now, because the Unity buffs AoE which you DO NOT CARE ABOUT AT ALL.

I play PvP too and I was necro from day 1 playing draught before everyone else, I know what it does. Having PW baseline does not take away from feral’s PvP ability. In fact it would be good, because PW wouldn’t take a slot in the talent tree

baseline or not, u would still never press it in pvp…but having it as a mandatory talent is a complete slap in the face, same as sudden ambush 3/3 :smiley: this whole tree is one big joke…btw, feral is the only spec in the game with no big offensive CD :slight_smile: …since nobody will take berserk split into 3 talents and even if u had them all its still trash, only reason why berserk is good is 2+4set…so feral in DF plays with no CDs…amazing design…ur like an aff lock without dark soul…utterly boring and probably not viable unless they overtune bleed dmg which would make feral broken cause you would have overtuned consistent dmg which wont happen

1 Like

I think they should just semi-rework Feral druids, there are a lot of good changes that can be done to make Feral better, from making Feral frenzy a baseline 30sec CD burst ability (which them grants Tiger’s Fury) to Ashamane’s Bite and Shadow Thrash

1 Like

So what? I never press Thrash either, but I have it

YOU ASKED why do I not press it. You’ve gotten answer. I am not saying it takes away from your Feral’s PvP ability. I am saying I just don’t want a spell I never intend to press.

Have it take a slot and then give Feral baseline something they always use. Like Rake, Shred & TF bonuses that currently together take up 10 talent points. That’s good. Everybody uses that.

exactly… why does he ask me why do i never press it and when he gets answer argues that it’s good to have it even though i never press it…

It’s garbage but ye. Could be talent.

It’s fine to have talents of optional things you may not want. It’s not fine to have talents of abilities you NEED in all scenarios or that are good in all scenarios. It’s also not fine to have talent of abilities you DON’T want at all and have it be mandatory to get something you NEED.

No, I asked why do you not want to press it. PvP is a fine answer for that. But there is a PvE side of the game too and as I said having PW baseline does not take anything away from feral’s PvP ability, so it should be baseline because it is NECESSARY to have this ability to even come close to being a functional spec in PvE. I understand if you feel pressured to keep it on your bars if you have it, I feel the same way, but ultimately we are not forced to and if you know you will never press it, then don’t.

Yes, a lot of that should be baseline too and definitely not something to invest 10 points in. I never argued against that, I doubt even a single person on this forum does

Yes, because it will make feral a relatively functional spec for PvE as well. Which opens the possibility of having your PvP-spec actvie while also being able to do dailies in war mode and AoE groups of mobs, f.ex. So there you go, PvP benefit of having PW.

That’s not a justification for this ability in PvP.

And this is not justification for its baseline. It’s justification for its existance. But that can come in form of talents too.

Absolutely, that can work too. But it would be better to have it baseline. You’re guaranteed to avoid issues like this:

Nope. You’d cause it. I don’t want at all PW and I’d have it mandatory.

The changes you have made are going in right direction to make feral again good bleeding class. But i would have few tips how to make it better.

• Ashamane’s Guidance - shouldn´t be proccing from melee but should be from Rake dmg as it was in BFA. This would make it this talent clearly for AoE and Convoke the Spirits would stay preferable option for ST as Rake wouldn´t be proccing that often in ST situation. That would make gameplay of feral in dungeons very nice and we might even be viable class for it and would make Rake rewarding to even press.

• Tiger’s Fury - could use a bit of rework in my opinion as again I would appreciete some kind of stat boost as it was in BFA where it was giving Critical Strike could also be giving Mastery for higher dps output from DoTs and Finishers

• Rip - what u have done with Rip and Primal Wrath is very interresting but maybe if Feral will feel slow it could use another azerite power what had chance per Rip tick to give combo points. That could create interresting gameplay with all the new changes and with right balance it could be very satisfying to have basically more buttons to press and not feeling like waiting simulator for energy(as it is now).

Good morning Druids! Would love to give some feedback and get some feedback from other Druid players. Here is my feedback.

Class Tree:

1. I think the tree is too restrictive, adding more connections left / right would be appreciated.

2. I don’t like that utility is pushed all the way into the balance side, maybe having the utility more in the middle with easier access to it from different branches would be better and could also help with my first point. The majority of the utility is very niche, like I can count on one hand the times I had to hibernate or soothe stuff, so blocking such niche utility behind 10 points in the balance tree is a little overkill.

3. The trees are very spec specific, don’t know if every class is like this, but when I tried some other classes I was like no matter what spec I am I actually can go down multiple roots and almost everything I get is useful or feels good, where in the druid class tree I actually feel like a bunch of talents when not going down your original route are dead talents. Don’t know if the solution is to make more stuff baseline or maybe moving more stuff into the middle giving easier access to it and just keep spec routes the way they are?

4. Too many 2/3 pointers that feel like they give close to no benefits and are boring. I think we need to get away from 3 pointers and get away from boring 2% DMG or healing talents.

5. Furor - I get the idea behind it, say you are playing feral, the boss is doing AoE or you need to run somewhere, pop into moonkin form and get some casts off, but the duration seems way too short and you’ll probably not use it most of the time, maybe push this somewhere up the tree, somewhere more in the middle and create a different more feral / guardian feeling capstone? Furor could also use a buff when it comes to it’s duration, maybe have it also grant Heart of the Wild for it’s short duration and make all casts instant so I can actually say cast that wrath / starfire / starsurge while moving away from the boss, or cast that regrowth instantly while I can’t DPS the boss.

6. Remove GCD from forms or if that is too OP how about having like warrior a GCD only on the form / stance itself and not block all other spells.

7. I would really love to see treants back for all specs with a second talent under that improves them and makes them synergize with your spec.
    Feral treants bleed stuff up and those bleeds count as your bleeds and scale with your mastery.
    Tank treants cast barkskin on themselves and periodically taunt or reduce the DMG that players around them get.
    Resto treants cast their own regrowths and count towards resto druids mastery.
    Balance treants cast wrath in single target or starfire in AoE and grant you some Astral Power for every cast they do.

Feral:
I love the direction we are going with Feral, played it a bit on PTR, AoE seems like a nice mini game now where you always have something to do and you’re waiting for procs to get even more DMG out.

1. Build a Berserk just doesn’t feel right for me, maybe Berserk in itself it just a lackluster CD and to make it even function you just need all of the talents available and Incarn just feels bad. I’d like to see maybe the reduced CD per combo point added into Incarn itself and maybe add the Sickle instead as a talent that way you have a more single target Berserk or a more AoE Berserk (or both) and Incarn as a talent feels a lot better cause not only do you get longer Berserk but also now you lower its CD? I think Berserk and Incarn just need a bit more love.

2. Ferocious Frenzy - I think it could use a small DMG buff? I know it buffs the DMG of Rip so maybe that’s where we want it’s power to be? I always thought that Ferocious Frenzy would be the go to AoE for cleave or up to 5 targets and above we start using Tear Open Wounds and we try to weave in Ferocious Frenzy to maximize our DMG. This would open some variety in rotation and not just spam TOW always on AoE no matter the target amount and use FB only when Apex procs.

3. Infected Wounds seems really weak, maybe increase the slow or maybe allow the slow to happen also from Thrash / Rip so we have a smaller slow but can keep it up AoE?

4. Brutal Slash - I still don’t understand why this replaces Swipe, it’s an AoE talent that actually makes our AoE worse. I think it should be it’s own skill or just replace it with a different AoE talent, maybe a Shadow Thrash / Swipe that has a 33% chance to proc or whatever?

5. Convoke - let’s make it 1 min if we take the talent under it.

6. Predatory Swiftness - please make this baseline and let it effect Rebirth or let Rebirth be instant cast in form and require X energy maybe or even be free.

7. Adaptive Swarm - too many points for a pretty boring spell and effect. Maybe just put the spread chance into the spell itself or maybe replace it with a new capstone.

8. Execute Capstone - this could be a new capstone or have it replace Swarm? The idea I have for an execute capstone would be - When target is under 35% HP, every FB gives you a stack of a buff that makes your bleeds tick faster by 10% (also reduces their duration), stacks up to 10 times. 100% faster bleeds, but also duration cut in half speeding up the gameplay, making you a lot more energy hungry, a mini game to see if you can keep up the stacks and also keep your bleeds up. This could be interesting, but you might actually not have enough energy / cp to keep it rolling, would maybe force you into taking all possible energy talents or could give you some bonus energy if already at 10 stacks to help you manage the rotation a bit?

9. Energy Regen - so I took all energy related talents - Omen of Clarity, Moment of Clarity, Cat’s Curiosity, Soul of Forest and I think 1 point in Tireless Energy and I constantly found myself either energy hungry due to not getting enough Omen procs / Apex procs or overcapping half of the time on energy cause I got back to back to back procs. Maybe we could try to get this to even out a bit, where we reduce the amount of DMG / energy the procs give, but let them happen more often this way we wont see these extremes happen as often? Or maybe it was me just having really bad luck when testing on dummies. Would be good to get some feedback from other players and how do they feel about feral energy regen and the talents that help with it.

10. Eye of fearful symmetry - the way it works now is it breaks our rotation, I’d say turn it into a 1 point talent that just always gives 1 CP and effects 2 spells and add a 2 point talent to the left / right with a dead end that when taken would grant 1 additional cp with and 1 additional cast or instead increase the DMG of that finisher, so with 3 points it grants 3 cp, this would allow players to have say multiple back to back FB if they want (might be OP in PvP so maybe say a 10% DMG increase would be healthier) or if they think that it costs too much points to not take it at all.

This got a lot longer than I thought it would be, sorry for that, hope at least some of my feedback will be useful either to the DevTeam or to other Druid players to think about how we want our spec to look like and it what direction do we want it pushed. Thx for your attention, have a great day. Cheers

1 Like

I just wish we got to keep sickle zerk. It’s really fun gameplay to mix it with various dot damage increasing modifiers in my opinion.

can we delete furor soon

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.