Contracting Entity Change Notice

Even the slightest change to the small print probably requires a confirmation by the end-user.

CONTRACTING ENTITY CHANGE NOTICE

As part of the change in our distribution, the Blizzard games you play and services you use, including Battle.net, (“Platform”) will be provided by Activision Blizzard UK Limited after 31 December 2021. Therefore, the End User Licence Agreement (EULA) and the Terms of Sale with Blizzard Entertainment SAS will terminate. Your account, games’ level, achievements, rankings and history, as well as digital content and services will still be available to you unchanged. Going forward, your relationship will be with Activision Blizzard UK Limited from 1 January 2022 and your new EULA and Terms of Sale will remain the same.

If you do not wish to accept this change, you may cancel your service by visiting https://eu.battle.net/support before 31 December 2021.

^^ Is what I got when I clicked on the link.

I presume it’s because France HQ is no more. So we are contracted to the UK now.

2 Likes

New year, new relationship for UK citizens, gratz and hopefully it is good for you brothers and sisters, may it be fruitful and everlasting. :joy:

Isn’t it the same for all EU?

Seeing as France HQ is gone?

I didn’t receive anything so far… so idk.

im unable to log in after confirming this, now it says all realms are incompatible and i cant find the page or place to reconfirm if needed, everything is just down for me

I presume we got this because UK is no longer part of the EU.
The grace period ends 31 Dec 2021.

I honestly don’t see the logic in that. We are just another European country. Not every country in Europe is in the EU.

So many seem to be so sure though, but I doubt anyone actually knows.

Blizzard Entertainment SAS is incorporated in France. SAS stands for société par actions simplifiée (a limited liability company by shares).

Must be some EU thing if UK now needs it’s own entity.

1 Like

And France Office was closed and their HQ moved to the UK.

Norway for one,

It’s a small print change which they have to amend to make it legally binding to both parties, nothing more sinister than that. Businesses do it all the time. Nowt to worry about.

1 Like

just saw it just now before opening the launcher
is this the first time we get this?
i mean recently there are delivery/shipping delays on other stuff and wow gametime cards are one of said delayed deliveries

checked on internet browser and it said north america? does that mean the services will be provided by them from now on

So from January 2022, Activision will legally own the Wow game, contents and player game data ?

Has anyone any thoughts on what they may be planning for the games future now they have it ?

Believe so, principally because the actual provider was always the same. It’s like how British Telecom had to send out notifications and get people to agree that they were now provided by BT (The same business) when they changed their name after Privatisation, or how in Britain it is Santander UK PLC rather than Banco Santander (again, nothing to do with Brexit, that was simply the trading name in the UK despite being the same multinational company, they were Santander UK PLC about 17 years ago in the UK)

Its a legality is all. I have a friend in Corporate Law and apparently companies have to be -uber- careful about notifying customers of any changes to corporate naming, even rebranding sometimes, as otherwise a person could say “I have a contract with X Company, not Y Company” “They’re the same Business!” “Yes, but it states, X Company, not Y Company, I have no contract with Y Company”

So it kind of is Blizz covering their own backs, but only to make sure they are compliant with Corporate Law in those countries they operate in. Which frankly, is better than the alternative.

It really is nothing to be worried about.

Probably more bloody Sylvanas and Jaina…which is bad…but given Golden and Danuser work at Blizz, that was going to happen anyway…

i see thank you
it was somewhat odd because on the webpage on the top left it said NA

Not really, they’ll base themselves in the EU because it offers full access to to Single Market. A lot of companies have moved their operations from the UK to Republic of Ireland. RoI is also a de facto tax haven.

Can anyone advise that if I do not want to accept the terms and I am nearly one month into my 6 month contract, can I choose not to accept and have a refund from the time it swaps over?
I have asked the GM’s and their stock answer is no refund’s (very politely on both sides I might add).
My understanding is that as “our” the contract comes to an end on 31/12/21 and I do not want to accept the new terms (after reading the bad press on staffing etc).
I am asking them to change it to a 3 month contract and end on 29/12/21 and then part ways

You won’t have a refund, but if you do not accept the change, you will lose the services offered by the contract, as the contract itself hasn’t changed, namely the holding entity.

Thanks Nimuet, surely the fact they they are asking you to agree to the new contract and the old one ends means you have a choice, it cant just be accept or thanks for the game time donation, Trading standards would never accept that and neither would they accept that fact that the contract does not allow you to cancel (Not from what I have read and I don’t want to go down that route)

2 Likes