Coolest spec?

i wonder if im ever leveling up a mage, some told me that arcane should be the spec for going pve. i am familiar with fire, frost sounds boring for some reason. but is fire nerfed for the time? and how is arcane?

All strong. Frost’s single target is a bit meh but its aoe is probably the best in the game.

I would personally avoid going arcane. It is not bad per se, but it is very situational and easily has its dps ruined by mechanics. Frost is the easiest and pretty decent at the moment, fire is typically the best spec, though a little weaker this tier because of the nerfs (still strong). All of them are competitive though.

If you want good results easily, go frost. It is the only spec out of the 3 that you can play on a pretty good level without too much hassle. Arcane and fire both have a learning curve, and if you mess up with them you’ll be doing absolutely no damage whatsoever.

Frost is far less punishing on movement, doing mechanics and all the fast paced stuff in the modern game. Definitely the easiest to excel in.

Fire has short burst windows and KArcane is somewhat limited by movement. The burst potential for both is insane though.

All 3 specs are plenty viable right now.

Coolest spec that’d be frost :cold_face:

I’ll see myself out.

2 Likes

I used to like all 3 specs.

Legion arcane was great, but now, it’s pretty bad, fire mage has good gameplay and is generally one of the better designed specs in the game, but it’s too burst oriented, frost is the spec i would use at the moment.

I’m a huge fan of Arcane and it’s fantasy, as well as how it plays in PvP.

Frost is also fun in PvE. :slightly_smiling_face: I never really enjoyed Fire, even if it always seem to be what everyone is playing.

I can only recommend trying out arcane :slightly_smiling_face: I also used to think Frost sounded boring… until I played it. It’s a complete blast in dungeons with lots of enemies.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.