Copy account data for PTR doesn't work

Hi. I’m having some issues with copying account data from live to PTR.
I’ve tried this in the past, but it never really worked for me, so I normally gave up and didn’t really play on the PTR (apart from the cursory glance at the journal loot section and such) due to not being used to the default keybinds and rebuilding my entire UI would take too long.

Today I’ve cleared the WTF folder for the PTR (I even got the startup cinematic after doing that) and tried the procedure outlined here: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/32229
Each time I click Copy Account Data > Okay, I get “Copy failed”.

This happens even if I select Europe for my region and select my character (or without selecting).

Is there a tried and tested procedure to copy these settings? I did find some outdated posts floating around on the internet about copying over files manually, but nothing I tried so far made a difference.
I’d like to do some testing of the new necklace systems, but if that entails rebuilding my interface manually from scratch, I lose interest almost immediately.

Same problem here.

I even tried to make a ticket, and they apparantly didn’t notice I talked about PTR the first time, so when I reopened the ticket at said it was PTR, they alomost got angry and said that there was no support for PTR testing.

There is no support on these forums for the PTR realms, unless the policy has changed since I last created a PTR character.

I believe you are required to report all bugs via the bug reporting feature of the PTR client. If your character copy fails, make a random character on the PTR realms, and then use the bug reporter to report the character copy failure would seem to me, to be the logical course of action.

The volatile nature of the PTR environment indeed very much limits the extent of support we can provide - if something appears to be broken on PTR there is a decidedly non-zero chance it is indeed just the server/clientbuild having bugs that are being worked through. :slight_smile:

As the original post is 8 months old I’m going to close this thread now.