Corrupted items replacing TF

What’s your opinion about that?

Personally, I’m glad that trading items won’t be this messed up (no more “oh sry, I wanted to give you this, but it procced by 5 ilvls”), BUT
Some of those benthic effects will be worth over 50 ilvls, like increased crit damage. I have bad feeling about this…

people screwed themselves.

now everyone will be runing will fully corrupted gear because of insane bonuses while blaming healers for not keeping the group up :slight_smile:

i give it a week before people will whine about brining back tf and removal of corruption :slight_smile:

im so glad i dont raid this tier will be amazing sh…tshow if they keep it in game :slight_smile:

just imagine raid illed up with people who have 60% healing reduction , 60 % more dmg taken , spawning 12312312312 void zones and 123123131221 adds

masterpiece :joy:

2 Likes

All I worry about is having to keep gear in your bag in case you get a corrupted piece upgrade but then have to replace another corrupted piece for something that has no corruption.

1 Like

I hope numbers won’t be this high xD but I’m 100% sure those dps player will do something like that. Like someone on these forums said “DPS players are idiots by default” :smiley:

2 Likes

Looks like I’ll have to inspect people again before inviting them to raids. The community will most likely agree on a range of acceptable corruption levels

1 Like

Lol that sounds like an absolutely horrendous system.

If I’m understanding this correctly they managed to add EVEN MORE layers of RNG to gear. Say you want Increases the damage you deal with Critical Strikes by X%. not only do you need to get the “titanforge” on an item, but in addition you only have a 1/11 chance to get the right one? And that’s with the known procs so far, who knows how many there are going to be.

More RNG now also with downsides.

Not a fan.

10 Likes

“Ooooh what a nice 480 ilvl rogue for my group… wait, why he has 3 rows of corruption debuffs?”

4 Likes

well ofc i exagerate with void spawns and adds

but healing reduction and dmg taken percentages i took from main page of mmochamp :slight_smile:

gl healing those groups :stuck_out_tongue:

You are clearly “not” understanding correctly.

Then how does it work according to you?

i can certainly see this making healer jobs way harder, which is not a good thing blizzard … depends how its being implemented but this is NOT a good move. I liked the sound of it, then I read through it and uuuummmm no.

1 Like

post edited

3 Likes

I can see this going three ways.

1. Everything will be cleansed so the corruption mechanic might as well not exist.

2. There will be a very specific corruption level that will be meta, so you will constantly fish for 1-2 corrupted items with best bonuses.

3. People will expect you to be able to perform with high corruption levels. Meaning if you are unable to heal the 100 Corruption DPS player it will be you who will be kicked, not the guy stacking negative effects.

So this is what they came up as a replacement to the titanforge system? More RNG and annoyances added? I don’t see this going too far.

6 Likes

It will be pretty funny though to get into lfr and watch people killing themselves on their corruption procs while blaming the healers :grin:

The idea sounds nice if you ask me, especially how it goes with the theme of the patch. However I guess people will have the same complaints as with the “benthic lottery” (as it is called by so many). You will want a specific item witha specific effect and so on.
While I understand Blizzards idea is to keep a reason for people to run content in hopes for a certain “procc” I think many people (maybe a loud minority) simply want to reach a point where they are done and not have to hope for some low chance drop+procc combo.

I would a thousand times rather be a dps idiot than a cringy emo healer or a diva tank.

3 Likes

I think whatever they come up with, players will be incredibly annoying about it and crying before knowing how it works.

1 Like

the question is, that from what I understood you can cleanse the corruption from an item, not on ptr yet i think, but what happens whit the extra buff the item have then, does it stay or get removed, if it gets removed, then this hole system is quite lol, becuse if someone is unlucky so to speak, it can meen he gets the first 2 weeks 4 items that are all corrupted, but an uppgrade for him/her, but due to the corruption and most likely not enough tokens to cleanes them, meening he will run arround in lower item level gear for a long time, before he can cleanse atleast a few of the items.

For me is okay, mby that force healers to actually heals not dpsing +looks like PoE system with buffs and debuffs on item, sounds great, no point crying now…