Corruption

Anyone can tell me this, why should I cleanse it I am confused it being corrupted only seem to give benefits, no? if so could anyone please explain is it smartest to clease it, because I did and I guess there is no going back?

it does not only give benefits. you have a corruption meter. if its full or you exceed that you will get negative effects/debuffs.

edit: so its wise to cleanse items with a good item level but horrible corruption and just use it as a normal piece of gear and wait until you get a better corrupted item instead.

if you click on your character you have a purple eye next to your item level. hover over it, its pretty self explanatory. you have a base corruption and corruption resistance. you increase your resistance by upgrading your cloak.

5 Likes

The negative effects are basically ‘Stay out of this very obvious AoE zone’

Personally if I got a high ilvl high corruption piece of equipment, I’d either just equip it without caring about the corruption or save it if it really pushes my corruption to a unbearable level until I have more resistance

well yes, if the corruption is good you can always save it until you have more corruption resistance, you dont neccessarily have to cleanse it.

and well, not caring about too much corruption will only get you so far. honestly, i (as a healer) will avoid people who stretch the corruption limit too far like the plague. :woman_shrugging: but its a personal choice with consequences i guess.

2 Likes

The one that summons a mini me that chases you around and stuns you can be pretty nasty if you can’t run around freely.

2 Likes

so all I can do now is hope I get new corrupt items? since I cleansed them D:

Oh yeah definately, before I got the chance to do actual group content I already had the cloak and I was at sub20 by the time I had all my upgrades without any essences and all the corrupted gear I got equiped so it feels like resistance and corruption will grow rather evenly towards eachother

I might be completely wrong about that tho (wasn’t on the PTR) time will tell I guess

The negative effects are not worth cleansing over the pro’s when you’re looking at solo content tho

yep, seems like it. :grimacing:

One of emissaries rolled a corrupted 445 item. Sadly it’s the avoidance one.

at least some people are having fun while some of us end up rolling azerite gear with nothing on.

At least the traits were good, and then a 2nd one drops from the second emmisary and we’re back to square 1

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.