Could Shadowlands crush dungeon bot farming?

I decided to check the values of items among the most popular dungeons farmed by bots and the value for them on beta is drastically different.

Taking Iron Docks as an example, plate pieces there right now can be sold for 28-33g however in Shadowlands due to the itl squish they are down to a little bit over 1g max while some are down to 88s only.

This could have a drastic effect on how efficient bots are for farming gold BUT the side effect is that all raw gold farming is affected by this squish. Raid pieces seem to be worth only a 1/3 of their current value.

1 Like

Which in a roundabout way sort of means nothing will change. Botting will still be lucrative.

1 Like

Unless the token goes down in value aswell which we don’t know if it will.

Interesting observation i must say.
Will lower vendor prices be good enough deterrent it’s hard to tell.All gold in game comes from "raw gold "to begin with, so not sure at which point token price will settle.
Economy will change that’s for sure,but to what extent hmmm :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

What about quest turn ins gold ? Are those lowered ?
Might be wise to stock pile gold before SL :thinking:

It’s not just the ilvl crush, but that Iron Docks will be accessible at like level 20 and all of the old expansion gear will be like vanilla gear in value. In fact, I’d highly advise anyone to level up their vanilla and tbc crafting RIGHT NOW, because some of those items will go up in AH value a lot when Shadowlands hits.

I would presume if it’s no longer worth while to run then the botters wont go. Sadly all these nerfs to income affect players too :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there will always be profitable bots, unless you remove all profit for trivial content.

These nerfs for the gold value of drops affect all players (bot or not) equally. And as long as both are affected equally the bots that can farm 24/7 will always be at an advantage over the regular player.

The only way to really nerf bots would be to increase gold gain from non trivial sources that bots are unable to do. But I think that would affect a lot of the more casual players aswell.

The problem is… with the nerfed gold farm, you’d be better off just buying a token. Because electricity has a cost. If I ran WoW 24/7 on my PC, I’m sure I’ll pay more than $20 a month in WoW electricity bills. And if I’m not making more gold than what a token buys, I’d be farming at a loss.

You what. My computer is on 24/7 with a minecraft server running and another server running too, I have a dishwasher, I have an AC, I have a 52" tv and then the oven/stove/microwave/fridge/freezer and my last bill was like $17.

1 Like

Don’t be silly ,pc power consumption is tiny fraction of overall.

1 Like

Oh I’m sure there will be another gold farm popping up, if this one is nerfed in SL. I mean nerfing old gold farms is pretty much standard procedure for new addons. There was a time were classic raids dropped several hundrer gold per boss.

Another thing is that token prices are heavily affected by how much gold is in the economy. If there’s less gold to be farmed the price would drop aswell.

I think it’s unlikely that this will happen. All I was trying to say is that no matter how nerfed or buffed a gold farm is the botting player will always have an advantage over the one that is not.

even if they reduce the gold value of items to 1 gold, bots will still have an advantage, thus more gold thant he average player. yeah, it does take out gold of the economy but doesnt solve the overall problem.

1 Like

My last bill was $60 but we also have electric water heating and hot water is like half of the bill. But my point is, if botting old content brings in miniscule amounts of gold, you might as well not bother - it still costs electricity, you’re risking your account(s), and for what? The same gold that one WQ brings? I’m very excited for the changes Shadowlands will bring, and if they kill old content as gold farm, that would be kinda good in my opinion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.