Could you make so you choose between holy power or not as prot

I think Bfa paladin tanking was funnier could you make so people like me who want to play without holy power can because now i don’t like it. I got off put by this system in prot i don’t get why it was inplanted tanking was funnier in bfa

Funnier and more fun aren’t the same thing.

And no. Holy power for paladins is fine by me.

Prot Paladin system is much better this expansion. So no, I disagree with you, it is both funnier and more fun. The only thing I regret them doing is rendering crit chance near useless apart from a direct DPS/Heal increase.

I still want Consecration to follow me around, like it did back in WoD, and maybe some useful auras.

1 Like

in what way? they make you choose between heal and mitigation.

Back in BFA, if you needed to heal yourself, you had to spam SOTR until the self-heal(forgot the name) was out of cooldown. Now, You can heal anytime, not only yourself, but also anyone else in the group instantly(you had to talent for it last expansion). You also have far better synergy between these abilities and the talents. In addition to having perma SOTR active mitigation thanks to the holy power system, you now can have a free heal at least every 5 SOTR.

They don’t make you choose between heal or mitigation, if you are not low, you simply don’t heal, since the heal itself gets 250% more effective on missing health and can be spammable thanks to the holy system. The same goes to SOTR spam granting perma active SOTR mitigation.

So I really don’t see what you are complaining about. Right now, we are extremely strong in every aspect, Damage, healing and tdamage reduction, and can carry any group without a healer even.

1 Like

I still think the bfa tanking was better because you had mitigation 3 stacks and a heal when needed.

True you could stack SOTR back then but It wasn’t as reliable. If I am not mistaken, even with 3 stacks, Prot warriors were still tankier on anything physical, we had the better magic mitigation of the tanks, and this is still true today.

Another thing is, we can have Ardent Defender available every 40 secs thanks to the holy system and Resolute defender Conduit(actually 20 secs for me as NF) and some impressive passive self-healing(excluding Word of Glory), Golden Patch, Judgement of the Light, Condensed Anima Sphere, and a very decent amount of Absorb with First Avenger talent(40% of my overall healing).

Another 11.5% damage reduction on demand every 2 mins if you know how to use Echoring Blessing Conduit, meaing thats another Def cooldown you can usen which also gives a very nice passive mobility.

I could go on, but this is to give an idea of all the possibilities we have this expansion.

Personally I prefer prot pala without holy power as well
give me a new spender if you really want to keep me tied to holy power but atleast take my active mitigation off the resource system and put it back on the charge system because it’s just annoying to feel like I have to spec into blessed hammer to be able to generate HP outside of combat so I can start with AM up

It was fun in BFa. Now I got no main again.

I love holy power! Hope they won’t change a thing!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.