COVENANT abilities in Dragonflight that doesn't fit with CLASS theme

Neither is Thunderclap really. I don’t see the problem with warriors having magical abilities, it’s wow.

thunderclap fits, because you strike the ground super hard there is no magic …

i had another idea for Spear of bastion instead… why not make it have spikes around the area that are connected with small chains? like a portable mini arena

Yes because thunderclaps normally happen when you hit the ground really hard, no magic involved there.

Good thing Mindgames fits Shadow Priest perfectly, I just hope it gets a more Shadowy color.

yes I would like it, anything that is true to their class fantasy

I can’t tell if serious or not.

Literally insect swarm.

Illidan

Really?

And 12 people have agreed. Then again, I’m not surprised, there’s people who record themselves doing Tiktok dances.

It’s almost like you’re being purposely obtuse and ignoring the OP’s clarification of what they meant by unthematic.

It’s important that even those with disabilities and other mitigating circumstances get to participate in the thread so I’ll reiterate it for you.

It does not necessarily mean the ability is named wrongly or even that the ability in concept is unthematic. They explicitly (adj. stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt) state that it is the visuals and the type of damage that is not in line with the class fantasy.

1. Soul Rot. “I can’t tell if serious or not” is not an argument. The ability uses blue visuals associated with Ardenweald and nature and even does nature damage. Where in a warlocks kit have you ever seen nature damage?

2. Adaptive swarm. It’s an “insect swarm” with no insects in the animation? And the spell derives its colour palette, animation and lore from Maldraxxus. I don’t typically associate druidism with ooze monsters and abominations fighting in skeletal colosseums.

3. The Hunt. Once again, the name of the ability is irrelevant to the thread. No, Illidan does not use blue magic and flowers. If you want to see what I’d expect from “The Hunt” look at his HoTS ability.

TikTok comment is a cringeworthy non-sequitur.

1 Like

Well you haven’t addressed the argument, so the issue is on your part.
You probably didn’t understand.

I feel so too, thank you.

Also does Shadow damage. If it REALLY was insect attack, it’d be either Physical or Nature. But even Blizzard doesn’t classify it as such.

Also does Nature damage.

I agree, TikTok is obscenely cringe. But there’s humans stupid, and pathetic enough to relish in it, so of course there’s more people on the internet who’re equally as obtuse and dim brained that will agree with just about anything.

Maybe change some of the animations to be more fitting with the specs, only one really I feel that would kinda stick out is adaptive swarm. Make it old insect swarm. Apart from that, it’s a none issue.

Especially blessings, and the hunt.

If we’re talking about Spear of Bastion, there’s a chance to do it more in warrior’s way. Again, let’s look at HoTS. Butcher’s ultimate Lamb to the Slaughter is exactly that, chaining the enemies to a pole, but much more brutal. If the warrior could do a similar thing, just less shiny, it would be perfect.

tbh, blessings should have a recolor to a more paladin fitting color.
and the hunt can just be replaced in visuals by fel flames that surround the demon hunter.
really simple things :slight_smile:

Yes, I’d say change all animations of mentioned specs. Night Fae blue-ish doesn’t fit Warlock, Paladin, DH nor Mage.
And then change spell school. Nature doesn’t fit them either.

And yes, Shadow spell with necrolord visuals doesn’t fit Druid, especially Feral.
Ranged slow moving glob feels out of place even with it being insect swarm, as that’s mostly Balance druid ability.

But all of this was mentioned before, you haven’t addressed previously mentioned stuff.

I’m sorry but we’re not getting new animations for the old covenant abilities? My god, I was hoping the reason they weren’t in yet was because they were still working on them. I already disliked the way the abilities were tied to the theme of the covenant, even though it made sense during Shadowlands. I certainly am not looking forward to play atleast two more years with a bright blue spear from Bastion on my Warrior or a bright blue magic dash on Hunters towards enemies. Did they give a proper explanation for it? Or are they still working on it? I can’t imagine them been fine with not changing them, as a lot of other people won’t. I hope they’re still coming, otherwise it reeks of laziness…

A small or not even bothersome point for others, for me it ruins the visuals and immersion for some classes. Please, Blizzard, if it’s time restrictions, just add them in the first patch after release. Don’t just let them be a dissapointment.

This encompasses exactly what I feel.
Essentially we’re not getting anything unless enough people complain. So they try low-effort road. If people dislike it enough they’ll change it. But so far not enough support, sadly.

Nope, ignore.

100% agree

Are they seriously not going to change them

2 Likes

You don’t want to steal and use some “damaged property”
If I want to steal an apple I will chose the fresh and tatsy one not the rotten one :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.