Covenant Allied Races - feasibility [POSSIBLY SPOILERS]

I guess some people like the subtle differences. Or they may like playing a humanoid that isn’t super bulky, like the actual warcraft humans. I would welcome the options. Not every new race has to be the next snowflake. Personally my preference goes to the Kyrians, because I would love playing a winged/angelic humanoid!

I think it would be fairly easy to explain away any of the SL factions joining us, all you need is a small group to breakaway from the main group and that happens all the time with ARs.
Only issue Id have is what would you do with the Maldraxxi? I mean they dont really have an actual model do they?

1 Like

Ehm, what attitude ? The having a personal opinion ? Because that seems normal to me.

Not playing them and skiping them is exactly what i did because of the things i wrote ? Makes sense no ? i dont like —> i dont play.

What are you trying to say that one is not allowed to dislike them ? I really dont understand your point

I dont know if the next bits will confuse you or clarify it for you but i’ll add a few things : i wanted to like them, i wanted to switch my original undead mage to nightborne, i wanted a polished zandalari. The fact they were subpar i think its sad.

i said was that it’s the quality that bothers me, i’m all in for new races, but WELL made, not half assed rushed awfull ones.

Yeah but there are differences between Humans and Kyrian. For one Kyrians look cooler and they have amazing hairstyles. I might be biased because blue is my favorite color.

1 Like

Lore question:

When someone dies, do they transform into one of the races that are existent in the Shadowlands (Kyrian, Venthyr, etc)? If that is so, then why are there certain characters such as Uther, Draka and Kael’thas that do not transform?

I definetly agree with your explanation! As for Maldraxxus: I initially thought about a skeleton race, but they would need to be unisex. I doubt that would happen.

However there are already burly maldraxxian models. They have this sickly green skin, wear creepy hoods, are muscled, and there are already male and female versions

You can dislike them mate, there’s nothing wrong with that, and no one is forcing you to to play them. So don’t be an arrogant fool, maybe someone likes them and wants to have the opportunity to play them. Very simple.

4 Likes

I believe it takes a very long time. You arrive as a soul (you can see many walking around Bastion) and over the eons are transformed into one of the Shadowlands creatures. For example, if you were sinful and arrive in Revendreth you are tortured until you overcome yours sins. When you do you can choose to stay in Revendreth and become a Venthyr, or you can move on to a different realm.

Interesting, that would make sense.

Also, regarding this, I think those have the Kul’tiran models, but I could be wrong. I do, however, love that Krexus model!

1 Like

You’re probably right! That would make it easier to turn them into an AR, actually. Never been a huge fan of Kul’tirans, though. The Krexus model is way cooler :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting post, thanks! I love all the races they’ve introduced in Shadowlands. I’d kill to be able to play as a Venthyr. :weary:

3 Likes

i am sorry

1 Like

Because Blizzard never said that there won’t be any new Allied Races in Shadowlands. They said that they had no plans to do so at the particular moment when they addressed that question.

If you actually analyzed that data and compared Allied Race embassy baner window with the windows you get to preview each convenat before the choice they look very simillar. I think that they just used that dbc table to mockup early version of covenant choice preview windows.

But you can’t have both at the same time. The exact same people work on character customization and player races. And I think now they should add more customization to existing allied races. Also if they would introduce any of those SL races as Allied Races then they wouldn’t realy look exactly like the npcs you meet now becasue it’s impossible to put player armor on them. They would use current player models as a base, so Kyrians would just end up human models with few shades of blue skin and few shades of blue hair. Especially if they would once again rush them so they could be a preorder bonus for next expac.

Could, not would. That’s the problem.

Some people are concerned that Blizzard will pump all their allied races resources into just new allied races instead of improving the current ones. Certainly I find the character creation options for some of the allied races to be severely lacking in variety. If we could only have one and not both, I’d rather we get improvements on the current allied races.

1 Like

I fully support this thread, but I hope they “fix” some races before considering this. (Nightborne…)

I’d literally sell my soul to the Jailer if we could play as the Venthyr. The zone and the race just looks fabulous and a DREAM to vampire fans. I consider San’layn a bad copies now, Venthyr are so fancy and I can’t leave Revendreth.

2 Likes

I’d love to play as a Faun/Sylvar or a Venthyr.

But seriously Venthyr female faces need a lot of work before becoming a playable race, right now they basically look like males with female hair.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification! This part of the post was mainly a general response to the people claiming blizzard confirmed there would be no allied races. You see this often in the allied races threads, as if to cut them short. Clearly they misunderstood.

I admit it’s possible, I don’t think it’s likely, though. First of all, the allied races window and the info window you get before choosing a covenant are not very alike, in my opinion. Like you said it could have been a first mockup, though. Second, this information was part of the 9.0 release, by that time the info window for covenant choice was already finished on PTR, no? I suppose it could be a remnant they forgot to remove, but that sounds a little sloppy, though not impossible…

Well, you’re right to a point, but not entirely. Clearly we can’t get both new customization options and races at the same time. That much is true. But, over time we can get both. That’s exactly what we’ve gotten so far with ten new allied races and new customization for the old races (and a little for a few allied races). I think it would be fair to release new customizations for allied races first, especially for nightborn and lightforged draenei who really got shafted.

Regarding the models: that’s not entirely true. Some allied races have gotten entirely new models, like the Kul’tirans. So I wouldn’t throw that possibility out. I don’t expect them to add more than four allied races in total in the foreseeable future. That’s peanuts compared to the ten races of BFA. That could mean they can pay more attention to these individual four.

I defintely agree that at the bare minimum some of the earlier allied races, like nightborn, need some extra attention. My main this expansion is a Nightborne, so I am with you! We have two years though in which we could receive both :crossed_fingers:t2:

They could go down the Superman II route where if one or more of these races wants to dwell with us on Azeroth then they need to give up their current status and become mortals.

1 Like

They could. I don’t think they need to though. Ok sure they aren’t mortal, meaning they don’t age. However, if they ARE killed they appear to just be gone. There is no after-afterlife. So yea… pretty rough deal for those four races!

I think we have enough races as it is.