Covenant Idea to make everyone happy?

What if joining and swapping covenants was easy. You are the maw walker, you have worked with each covenant on the road to lvl60 they will always be happy to work with you again.

So for those looking to swap to the next META covenant they can leave and join as they wish (maybe cap it at once per reset?) But you will never gain the trust or respect or rewards of a covenant, they will see you as an associate/mercenary.

If you take the new rep system and say all the power systems unlock by Rep lvl6 (just picking random numbers here) and that is easy to get to, after having worked for them questing you are already lvl4. After lvl6 the jump to the next level is huge but after that the rewards are things like titles, mounts, cosmetics nothing that affects character power these are things that are rewards from the covenant for sticking with them.

There is a balance we can find between those that want to follow what paid players tell them and those that want to experience something for themselves. It doesnt have to be all or nothing, fingers crossed Blizzard opening BETA will get a broader range of voices into the conversation so we can come up with solutions that work for us all.

I get simply gaining these powers outside of covenants is the simple solution but Blizzard are not interested in that so we need something that works withing the limits Blizzard are setting.

1 Like

Nobody is asking for this. People want to pick their covenant and stick to it. Abilities do not allow this

Character gameplay should be separated from covenant choice. Covenant should only be story, cosmetics and aesthetics. The bonus content is fine as being locked imo

This is how it currently works

The idea is meant to be that your choice of covenant is an important one.
It should not be freely swapable

Love that people play a mmorpg and sti cry that choice should not mater.

My first line was that choosing covenant should matter.

Also when has choice ever mattered in wow

Picking any race other than dwarf for your priest in classic and then cry that you wasted 100+h leveling up your character ?

/s

No. It’s useless to spend development time on vanity. All choice should involve power. You already make these choices all the time - you picked horde or alliance, which is a choice that involves player power. You picked your class, which is a choice. I think the main problem here is that you have the choice in the first place. This is Legion Class Halls 2.0. But where in Legion you had to level up every class to see all the content and you didn’t have any choice or option, here you have a choice. And all of a sudden the system breaks. I don’t get this.

And I am certain the choice is the problem - if they presented it like Class Halls, with zero choice, then you’d have zero problems, too. Sure, class halls, artefact weapons came with their own abilities and some were better than others, but you couldn’t choose so it was fine. If you wanted another class’ artefact, you leveled up an alt.

Not only should covenants be gameplay-defining, but you have already made these exact same choices at least 4 times while making your character.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.