Covenant-Themed Hearthstones

There are already some toys that change Hearthstone’s appearance, like the Lunar Elder’s Hearthstone toy. So what I would like to see in Shadowlands, is a bunch of new Hearthstone toys representing each Covenant.

• Venthyr Hearthstone: While channeling bats come flying towards you and cover you, moving around you. When the channeling is over, the bats fly away and the character, of course, has vanished.

• Kyrian Hearthstone: I am not sure about what that one would be, but what I am thinking of is getting blue wings (with the model of the Paladin ability, but blue) and start flying very close to the ground at the same spot. When the channeling is over, the character would make a sudden jump to the heavens, without the camera following him. Other players would see them fly up and dissappear.

• Necrolord Hearthstone: I think this should be reminiscent of a lich, so here’s my idea: The player would stand in a pose like KT in character selection screen in HotS (https://images.app.goo.gl/n3EQAaFobb7L5PCD6) and they would slowly start being covered in ice (that greenish ice of Kel’thuzad when pressing ready in HotS) until the whole figure is icy. When the channeling is finished, the player’s figure, now frozen, breaks to pieces.

• Night Fae Hearthstone: Well, since the whole place’s concept is pretty much the one of Night Elves and Elune, I’d say that a good idea would be: Moonlight is shed upon the player (like the personal spotlight, but not so ridiculous) and the player starts to vanish during the cast like being wiped out by Thanos’ Snap, but instead of turning to dust, turning to white stardust.

These are my ideas, pretty much, feel free though to voice your own in the comments bellow. Thanks for reading!

16 Likes

I love the idea of covenant themed hearthstones. They should fit with the themes of each faction. Great idea.

2 Likes

The Ven’thyr one is so reminiscent of Dracula (and the quick-travel ability vampires in Sims 4 can get :eyes:)

3 Likes

That’s the idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is an awesome idea and these concepts sound great, although the Night Fae should be different, what you’ve described is too similar to Dreamwalking an wouldnt be unique.

2 Likes

These sound amazing, especially the Necrolord one.

Any thoughts on how we’d get these? Like the dala/garrison hearthstone, a buyable item, a quest reward etc.?

1 Like

I love the idea even though the Holographic Digitalization Hearthstone is already the best fit for me.

1 Like

Well, probably a reputation thing since they represent each covenant, I guess. Or it could be each time you choose a covenant with a char, you unlock one like dala hearthstone for all other characters.

Speaking of covenant based things you’d like to see in shadowlands:

For the pathfinder mount reward, I want to see a covenant based WING as your mount.

The wing will be different according to your covenant. Bastion gets angel wings. Venthyr gets bat wings. Maldraxxes gets bone wings and Ardenweald gets butterfly wings.

This would be such an awesome thing to have.

They should be able to design it too.

2 Likes

Well, not necessarily, because yes, the moonlight thing is like both Dreamwalking and Lunar Elder’s Hearthstone, but the difference with this one is what happens to the player. Feel free to share your own opinion though :slight_smile:

They really should add more hearthstones, they’re a nice collectible, i really like the Mechagon hearthstone because it literally replaces the animation.

I feel as if the holiday hearthstone aren’t as cool, because they just add some small things like a bit of snow, or some rabbits to your feet.

But your suggestions sound dope.

1 Like

This would mean we could have in the future flying contraptions that aren’t necessarily a mount such as the mechagon jetpack, which I would love to be made a mount retroactively.

Exactly.

Jetpacks are a thing. Why can’t wings be too? It’s a very welcoming new type of mount for a lot of players. And, it fits the expansion and the covenant system perfectly.

1 Like

I imagine they’d be exempt from some mount equipment (like the water shoes) for obvious reasons.

They could even be used like DH wings perhaps.

What a fantastic idea. Honestly there should be TONS of covenant cosmetics. You should be proud to be it. Talkin mounts, toys, pets, glyphs, armor, weapons, feasts and a special salute

Yeah, this should happen. I personally badly want the Hearthstones I am suggesting here join the game no matter what :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The Revendreth one is dope.

Why not? If Shadowlands is all about Covenant differences then themed heartstones would fit that view perfectly :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Yeah right? So far we have only got some appearences, but why not other collections as well? I hope these join the game.

I enjoy the different hearthstones in-game and the variety you can have with different characters, transmogs, seasonal events, etc. so Covenant-themed ones would be pretty cool. Definitely a thumbs up from me!

1 Like