Covenants and your character

Is your character going to the Shadowlands? Is that even possible?
If so, is the covenant your character will choose to allign with the one they would, effectively, be sent to by the Arbiter if things were normal?

1 Like

For Erah most likely not, as he doesnt venture to Northrend that much and besides he’s helping the Druids and Shamans heal whatever wounds that might remain. but right now Erah is in a lull hasnt been on a new adventure not since the start of bfa.

Not knowing any of the context of getting there nor the context of taking sides I would say it’s probably a nonissue.

Some might want to go and help, explore or meddle but can they really? As for aligning with covenants that they’re likely to end up in regardless? Maybe.

Zymara will definitely try to go to the Death realm after leaerning about it whats she could
She is a bit obsessed about her homeworld and firmly belives, it could be revived… she would actually drain Azeroth for her life force to restore Argus
So for her, the main reason is to find the World Soul of her ruined planet and somehow save/revive or at least find Argus
If everything eventually ends up in the Death realm maybe everything and everyone includes Titans too…
So to find Argus…and possibly Telogrus (she firmly belives, the Ren’dorei base of operation is waht remained of the planet Sargeras shattered, killing its slumbering soul) and all and all, maybe she eventually would end up Revendreth - she is prideful and tons of sins - the logical is to allign with the Venthyr Covenant
The Ancient Eredar and later the Draenei have a long history of toying with the souls of the dead… and Zymara’s ultimate dream to build a (giant) Vigilant to house/powered by Argus, untill her home planet is restored
But of course, she is insane

I would like to go with the vampire zone, especially the element of the light breaking through in some places I find really neat and would align with my chars story best
Unfortunately Kyrians have divine toll so I’ll probably have to go with Kyrians
They are the least interesting to me, it’s like their source of inspiration was paladin meets Eiffel 65’s blue

Talraea’s committed quite a few sins. Of the four Shadowlands we’ve seen (there are stated to be many more, serving different functions in the grand cosmic order of life and death) she’d probably end up with the Venthyr upon her death, to be scourged of those sins so she can lead a better afterlife.

She might even stick around, depending on how that zone shakes out - if they live up to the idea of being about redemption rather than just punishment, she might like that enough to want to be a part of it. For the same reason, upon heading there without dying, she might like them. We’ll see.

If Lyth didn’t go to the Nether, he’d probably end up in Maldraxxus.
Would he align himself with that if he was the Champion? Probably.
Is he ever actually going to go to the Shadowlands to fight the Jailer?
Very likely not. He’s just a run of the mill demon hunter. He’s no one special. So if it’s just the big, important guys like Bolvar, the Champion and Tyrande are the ones going there, he’s very much going to be staying behind on Azeroth.

1 Like

Ryoshun is a pirate since he escaped the Sethrak slavery and forever be one
Not some important hero, just a Vulpera who loves everything your avarage pirate loves; good fight, good drink, good food, music, brawls, and so on… not a silly one, like Jack Sparrow, he is more like Barbarossa if you will
And not a great hero - tho’ sometimes ends up being one
So he probably will never go to the shadowlands or fight the Jailer or Slyvanas or anything like that
Maybe if he could get his paws on a Naglfar-like ship of the Dead to sail there to plunder some ghost ships…
He belives after his death he either become a shark as a reward from his Loa, Gral who he kind of worship, or ends up a cursed ghost/undead/skeletal pirate like the ones in Zem’lan, to sail the seas for an eternity :fox_face:

Are we going there alive somehow or are we, dead? :thinking: Don’t know if characters that’s more “down to earth” so to say will be able to get there? Feels like a hero thing.

Good question
The logical answer is: alive
If you are really, really dead (not just dead-a-little so a spirit healer helps you out, or soulstone, or some deus ex machine resurrection, or Odyn is around to snach you to the Halls of Valor like the Warrior order story), you get judged by the Arbiter and off you go to a realm for your reward/punishment
While as a living we could avoid that and could help around like good murderhobos, killing denizens of the realm of Death O.o

1 Like

I’m bored, so I’ll answer for the rest of my characters too.

Xanah/Feylendris would not go to the Shadowlands. She’d go to the Twisting Nether, but if for some reason her soul would be drawn there and judged by the Arbiter, she’d absolutely and definitely go to Revendreth. But if she could choose, she’d probably go to Bastion for an alliance.

Khalyndriel would be a more difficult one, with all the demon hunter business she might end up in Maldraxxus like Lyth, but other than that, I’d say she’s actually fairly viable for Bastion.
As for which Covenant she would join? Not the Necrolords, she’s not a fan of the undead, she’d think Bastion stinks of being “too good” and hiding something really bad and she might find the venthyr just straight up weird.
So with those three ruled out, it seems she’s going to the night fae.

Thayne is… going to Maldraxxus. Both as an afterlife and a covenant. No questions asked.

Reading up on the typical circumstances for ending up in a given place, poor Mari’s probably bound for Revendreth. Metaphysically speaking, warlocking leaves much to atone for and it takes a certain kind of ego to consider demonology even for a noble cause. That doesn’t mean she’d think it fair in any sense, though she might find a sliver of relief that her meddling didn’t actually damn her soul to the Nether or withered it into nothingness from excessive Fel.

Beyond these things, the afterlife is frightening and all this about the undead would have her highly irate, having hoped that death at least would free her of the stain the Scourge left on the mortal world.

Whats Marinya said is generally true
Most - if not every - warlock is bound to ends up in Revendreth (or the Maw, ouch) I think
Uppon landing, Damien would be p*ssed no soulstone saved his little tettered soul from this fate nor he managed to become a Demon (thus immortal; wolf-demons are cool) in time
But while he is alive, he would never go near to the Shadowlands; plenty of souls to toy with on this side of the veil between life and death, no need to dance in to the spotlight :wolf:

Naughty little girls like her go to Revendreth and have a huge org-cough party with all the other blood elves there.

1 Like

Being a DK, Uruk would just go to Maldraxxus easily and indulge in endless slaughter until his presence is required by the Ebon Blade.

1 Like

as a druid and a protector of nature torruk is made for ardenweald he would study the plants and the wildlife there

The only covenant that makes sense for troll is the one on the Other side with Bwonsamdi as a herald. But since in game it’s not an option then Maldraxxus would fit this toon. Mostly because I just can’t picture this character next to unicorns and fearies.

1 Like

Cheer up Zakkaru!
Vampires are not that bad… a little racial setback for the blood stuff but …
Anyhow, you are right, darn shame only 4 covenant… Bwonsamdi, Odyn’s Valarjar… (isn’t the warrior orderhall sotry starts with "youd ided, and was worthy to become Odyn’s chosen, or something like that?) the Draenei (and human) Light-afterlife… even a bit spat in the face of Kaldorei lore - after you die, become a whisp…
So… yeah
A bummer :frowning:

The Other Side probably has a huge “No Blood Trolls allowed” sign above it’s entrance so Miraja will most likely end up in Revendreth.
The Venthyr is the best available covenant and I love the signature ability which is very similar to the teleport spell used by the blood witches.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.