Covenants nerf

Mindgames, chain harvester, The hunt, condemn, convoke nerf when? Can’t play the game this abilities “one shot” me? 20k The hunt? Crazyyyy its like RNG pala divine toll (was). Nerf when?

1 Like

I really like the Covenant system, but like any overpowered ability, these need to be reigned in badly.

Yeah, that ^

Does the PvP community do nothing other than complain?

He is just salty about paladin nerfs, holy cow seeks retribution

They do spend a considerable amount of time PvP’ing, you know?

Blizzard have given the PvP community a very rough time over the last 6 years. I’m surprised they haven’t all left yet.

Shadowlands is the first time Blizzard really has an opportunity to fix PvP in a big way because they’ve fixed the PvP systems themselves, and having that fall short because of a few overpowered covenant abilities is just silly.

There’s no disaster here, just a little tuning needed is all.

Actually we left time by time, many people played only 4-5 months instead of 10 months in a year because of trash PvP.

You are right yup, we so close to a great PvP expansion, all we need is a few tweaks, conquest price adjustment etc.

Why, my second favorite class is paladin, I am angry too and I’ll quit it now after nerfs.

That’s what makes something fun tho… and i’m just annoyed that the PvP “Fixes” would screw up the PvE fun as well.

Tuning on stuff that’s no where maxed out yet.

I don’t like being crushed by melee any more than the next person, but as more opens up and more upgraded gear comes out, we will see where things fall, its a bit early to demand nerfs.

And you are just hypocrite

:zzz:

And its also called rational thinking. Why other are keeping theirs op covenants, but not pallies? Seems like blizzard prioritize other players?

Convoke isn’t even the best for Boomy/Feral. Good Balance and Feral druids go Kyrian.

Nerfing e.g. Convoke the Spirits isn’t gonna mess PvE up. The Covenant abilities are specifically tuned to do very little in PvE - for instance the differences for mages is less than 2% between the Covenants.

Having stuff that feels powerful is of course fun, and I’m not suggesting nerfing all abilities to the point where we all turn into gray blobs. A lot of people have asked for that, but I’m not one of them.

But we can’t have abilities that instagib people with no counterplay.

Here’s the key to game balance: The balance has to be good enough that everyone feels they have a fair chance at their chosen activity and at its chosen level, and no better. Spend the remaining time on making cool OP feeling stuff.

Making an ability that kills people in 3 seconds during a stun does not fulfil that premise.

Everything was open on the beta and the same things were happening.

So your saying beta maxed out every covenant ability and all the avail pvp gearing / specs?

Yes, there was a realm which did that, and PvP’ers were testing on it for months.

There were much more broken things when they started. We’re down to like 4-5 things being bonkers now, but they still exist and should be deal with.

Convoke is a long channel. Interrupt it.

1 Like

What if we cant

:scream_cat:

1 Like

This and Kyrian spell for Balance/Feral gives 20% more damage to a partner every minute. Why would you ever pick Night Fae on damage druid for PvP.

Good to know.

Well than, will have to see if anything changes in coming months, though as per usual of Blizz customer support, I doubt anything will be done any time soon.

Never been in any situation where I can have even 2 seconds of convoke on someone. It’s most often stopped even before 1 second.

Divine toll setup was easy noticable, Run from it, pop def. Same day, same shxt. Maybe use cc next Time and go behind pilar so you can have your free cast time