CPU temp problems. PLEASE HELP!

So, I’ve recently purchased a whole new pc setup. First time building myself.

And this is what i got for myself:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
Intel i5-9600k
ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 ROG Strix OC
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 16GB
ASUS ROG RYUO 240
Corsair Force Series MP510 480GB
Phanteks Eclipse P400S Glass Silent.

It all went very well, and i got all to work.

I’ve followed a guide for UEFI settings for AIO pump.

and i got these CPU temps:

Idle: 30-36
Gaming: 49-60 ( Resident Evil 2 on highest settings, 145FPS )

then a week after, one of the RGB strips acted out and swapped colours. I thought that it was a driver or an update in Amoury Crate. So I by mistake installed a bunch of stupid free trial products. So i went and deleting all that blowware again, and by mistake, I deleted Amoury crate and some other stuff.

Next thing is, i got recomended to just reinstall windows and get drivers from fresh.

but now, my temps are a rollercoaster.

idle: 36-60 (mostly around 55)
gaming: 65-80 ( mostly around 75-80 )

and now, i cant get Rog Ryou to work, it wont respond to LiveDash or anything, only in Amoury crate i can make it show temps ( wich are wrong compared to “Dual Intelligent Processors”

What to do ?..

I have tried to reinstall windows 2 times, I have reinstall all drivers. Even cleaned Thermal paste twice…

please, any tech god help me…

My first advice would be to check all the component seating… mainly the CPU, RAM & GPU; then make sure the tubes of the AIO are free of kinks/not pinched - even reseat the m.2 drive.

What I would also do is get a copy of all the drivers you need for the Asus kit off their own site, but downloaded/saved to a USB drive - using a separate machine, if you have one - & then install them to a totally fresh Windows install from that USB drive. Bloatware (the correct name for cr*p app’s) can include suspect coding that can make your PC not play nicely, as you may have found out the hard way, so be careful what you get & where you get it from.

Hey Eighjan.

I have tried that aswell, with no better result…

The bloatware came from Amoury Crate. By mistake i instaled Utillty pack instead of Drivers … But yea, sucks

any other tips `?

Sorry for not getting back quicker; not much more I can add if all the above has been exhausted - 80° for a CPU, under load, isn’t the toasty… might want to check the orientation of any case fans to make sure they are exhausting hit air & not blowing hot air back in - that kind of thing.

Only other suggestion I can offer is that the AIO may be faulty… but that would require getting hold of a reasonably priced/performance ‘burner’ air cooler, to see if that can give another frame of reference for cooling.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.