Crackling Jade Lightning is frustrating to use

The primary use of the ability seems to be tagging mobs, as Brewmaster this feels necessary but also incredibly clunky to use, a lot of the fun of Monks comes from the mobility but having an ability that forces you to stay static seems very out of place

I’d love to see it become an ability that can be used while moving to assist in grouping things up

I agree, even with different (and soon obsolete) reasons.

CJL was often used by Mistweavers to clear Explosives, as that was our only non-melee ability to even hit them. But the frustrating part was being forced to stand still just to tap the target for 1 tick and have the cast being automatically canceled instantly. Any other healer can use their ranged ability to clear Explosives on the move. Just Mistweaver, who are forced to dodge abilities in melee, are forced to stand still for this 0.01sec long “channel”.

1 Like

Castable while moving.

Three words that save lives.

2 Likes

I think the explosives need to be cleared by certain people based on the group setup. Holy paladins also don’t have it easy. In good groups I join on my main, resto shaman, even if I CAN clear them, the others weren’t lazy. Esp if there’s big group dmg (this week’s combo is sick), you can’t expect a healer to focus on these explosive orbs. Or make sure you don’t get 4+ stacks this week before clearing the active orbs. It’s a group thing, everything is made a healer’s problem these days, that’s just lazy dps!

They could do so many thing to it i.e brewmaster it might become a replacement for rushing jade wind a aoe lighting ability or a big 40 yard mass taunt plus a cool visual of it shocking everyone(glyphs here could add some cool colours). Or on ww you could maybe add ontop/inculde it on us swithing targets like tiger palm and once youve hit say 6 targets you get a proc or something of lighting to chain between all enemies doing some dmg and maybe adding a debuff/stun? Make it useful or cool would be nice.

I doubt we will ever see it getting proper use at all sadly the devs are determined to make us a pet summon class for some reason cause monk class fantasy is pet summons XD. i mean all the devs have to do to see monk class fantasy is take a a trip to the peak of serentiy and see all the monks training they use there fists and stuff.

But awell here we go boys we are morphing into demohuntermonks XD we will forever be meh with meh ablities.

Brew had a brew back in WOD which was used to tag/slow mobs, cant remember the name but having that instead of CJL feels better.

Sure, that doesnt mean I cannot ask for a better tool. Even Hpal can use Judgement and Holy Shock instantly and on the run. I know these are on a cooldown, so it not an apples to apples comparison. But that’s because their two abilities actually have a purpose. CJL… does not really. It is nothing but a tagging button, and a bad one with the channel mechanic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.