Crafting High Ilvl Gear - Dragonflight

Crafting High ilvl gear - Dragonflight

Yesterday there was an article from blizzard, for Dragonflight, in which they mentioned, crafting of mythic raiding level gear, will be a possibility.

Which I am happy to hear.

The caveat being, you have to do that level of content to be able to craft gear for that level of content, so if you want to create mythic raiding level gear, you have to do, mythic raiding/high end pvp/high end m+.

Which makes sense, but personally, as a person that’s been doing solo content, casual content, decent in m+ and high end raiding, I’d like for the possibility of crafting the highest ilvl, even if only doing heroic, and even normal.

Example.

You want to craft a 278 piece of gear=mythic raiding ilvl.

You only do heroic, or maybe you’re in the higher middle of m+/pvp, but not the highest, and so you can craft heroic, 265, but, instead of that, the reagent required to make 278, can be combined.
From 4 265 reagents, that way a person doing high end can craft the best, but the person below, can craft the same, but it just requires a much lengthier time line, due to the lower difficulty of content.
That way people that pug, are somewhat more casual or don’t want to push limits can get gear for their level, and even above, but of course not in the same manner or as fast.
I feel as this is fair also because they in the article mention, you will be able to, at any time, equip no more 5 pieces of crafted gear, 2-handed weapons counting as 2 pieces.
If this seems too strong cause of weapons, you can even make it so the combined 278 reagent would only be able to craft gear and not weapons, though personally I’d let the combined reagent craft exactly as the naturally obtained 278 reagent!

If anything, you can even make it so 278 reagents can be split, but if possible I think a 278 reagent should be split only into 2 265 pieces and not 3 or 4.

Reasoning being that people doing high end content could then flood the market of the lower ilvls of gear.

In my personal opinion I’d prefer though that it cannot be split down, but only combined up!

2 Likes

I thought it was going to be 5 pieces from 1 of the articles mentione, with 2 handed weapons counting double.
And I am aware that there’s a chance to fail and Inspiration will play a big part in what gear you will be ABLE to MAYBE craft, but at the same time, I’d like to see a way for entirely casual people to be able to craft highest ilvl gear, even if it means a casual doing nothing but LFR may only be able to craft 4-5 items through a tier/patch, it’d still be a nice insentive even if it is a long road for it!
And it’d include everyone in the new professions, with ofcourse people doing more/higher being able to do more with it.

testing first post for wow logs

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.