Crafting Orders... cool concept but:

Why do people only order stuff that will take Weeks if not Months to get? Like max renown Patterns and more. Its really frustrating if you just want to do your “5 Crafting Orders” quest to get those juicy juicy Specialization Points :stuck_out_tongue:

I gave the mats to a friend and asked him to order 5 random things to me :stuck_out_tongue:

i am in to lazy mood to do crafing oders :stuck_out_tongue:

Because it’s the only thing people actually want from crafting orders - stuff that they can’t just buy off of the auction house.

Like, I know full well that you need 23 renown to make the 36 slot reagent bag but the 32 slot costs next to nothing on the auction house so I’m just buy that one and set up an order for the 36 slot when it becomes available.

As soon as the recipe has been available for a couple of weeks, no one is going to use the crafting order system, except for certain BoP items.

Where do you get these quest? Im a lvl 100 alchemy enjoyer who never saw this quest, what is the wuest name?

blacksmithing spec in 2H weapons is the best pick :stuck_out_tongue:

Blizzard PLS DELETE CRAFTING ORDERS TABLE AND LET ME SELL MY ITEMS ON AUCTION. ZERO REWARDS FROM MY TIME AND GOLD SPENDED TO ANY CRAFT PROFESSION. YOUR ORDERS TABLE IS NOT WORKING GOOD AND DESTROYING PROFESSIONS!!!

yeah the system is… mediocre at best. Without Sparks i cant really craft much and the things i can craft and sell go for 1/10 of the actual mat costs.

1 Like

The idea is great, but to limit the choice of possible orders (alchemy, enchantment) so much is just idiotic. Why can’t you commission philols for combat?
Wtf did the players give feedback for this feature?!
How STUPID!

People don’t even want the BoP 384 gear that can already be made right now.

Because you can only get one Spark of Ingenuity during the first week, while Artisan’s Mettle is limited by by how many knowledge points you can acquire and Primal Chaos, while infinite, can take some time to get the required amount.

Edit:

As it stands, we can still only get one Spark of Ingenuity, rendering a fair number of recipes uncraftable - I saw a guy offering to craft BS 2-handed weps who failed to realise that no1 could get the mats yet as they need 2 sparks.

Unfortunely, while a great idea it lacks proper execution as there’s too many issues that prevent it from working as intended.

One is the weekly quest to do 5 crafting orders for the crafting professions. In theory this is fine but the problem is that everyone knows about that quest so you get people placing orders with comissions of 1 silver, because they know someone will always click even if it’s just for the quest. It’s not a major problem, as the number of people I found doing this is very small, but it is something that affects the system in a negative way.

Then there’s the levelling profession problem between 60-100, where you have no real way of levelling up anymore. There’s a few trainer taught recipes that can give you 5-10 levels MAX, but then you are completely reliable on the crafting order system, because it’s pointless for you to craft BOP gear that you don’t want, not to mention it’s absurd high cost or the limited number you can have of some of the reagents, like the Spark. I have Inscription with level 65 and I was forced to spend points into runes to have some way of levelling up, and I still only have a small chance of levelling by crafting something that I don’t want and can’t seem to sell…the only other alternative was crafting Darkmoon cards for major loss, since it costs over 5k gold to craft one card and most are worth less than 300g (except Aces).

Another is that people don’t really want most BOP items, and what they do want can be bought at AH. So the only interest in professions is to create the reagents and sell them on AH, because there’s barely any demand for the crafted gear.

The only people that seem to be able to take full advantage of this system are those in good guilds (lots of active players). But if you are in a small guild, like mine, even with people planning who gets this or that specialization, we can’t level up past 65 in most professions.

Basically, if you are not in a good guild, your best best is to just use professions to craft reagents for other players. Maybe when people start getting higher reputation with the different factions and getting access to more recipes, that might improve a bit, but as it stands now it’s very limited, which is sad because I really enjoy this system.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.