Crash on hovering over backpack items after 11.0.0

I have a WORKAROUND for this Problem and i hope you can mark this Comment as Soluton.

When you experience such crashes which for me usually happen when hovering over one handed Weapons, unequip your currently equipped Weapons and/or shields. You can then buy Weapons or cosmetics again. Just do not forget to put your Weapons back on again afterwards.

3 Likes

Tested, it truly works, thank you, but still, this isnt solution, just workaround that shouldnt be needed

2 Likes

So glad I’ve found this thread, there was nothing on reddit recently and I was thinking I was alone on this issue.
Repaired the game, reinstalled the game, ran every disk cleaning software in existence, played around in bios turning off everything boosting ram and other performance, deleted all my addons, everything to the point that if i have to personalize them again…
Uninstalled everything that had some update install on the day that this issue started for me, still nothing.
I just didn’t format my PC beacuse for the love of God I could not believe this was my issue when it only happened when chosing weapons in quest rewards…
I was on the verge of just trying to play this on a Steamdeck (Linux)…

This “solves” it, thank you so much, much better help then any blizzard stuff so far…

1 Like

Well guess im just going to play without a weapon.
Wonder why blizzard can’t just come forward and inform players theres a bug…
Bugs happens, you have a launcher, why no just give some information so players don’t have to go around like headless chickens trying to play your game?
Players reinstalling windows, buying new ram sticks, reinstalling the game multiple times, deleting every addon, etc why? Just let us know theres a bug… it happens…

2 Likes

I reported this bug in Game during the Beta already. I only found out yesterday morning/afternoon that it is related to Weapon comparison tooltips since the crash only happened when i hovered over Weapons that i can wear.

The dangerous thing is that Blizz likes to blame OUR systems or Software for literally everything. People then go ahead and reset, reinstall, brick their entire systems and stuff still does not work because it is on Blizzards end, not yours.

2 Likes

Cannot even play for 10 minutes anymore without getting kicked out of the game.
Seriously what are they even doing in BETA.

ho this was even a KNOWN bug? Then I really have no more comments, indie company I guess

Looks like the problem was solved atlast. Thanks blizzard. You know, we nag, and curse, but we are doing it, because we love you. Kinda like mariage.

1 Like

It seems to be fixed now! At least for me!

The game version with the issue was 11.0.0.55824

There was an update now tonight and the current version is 11.0.0.55846
(And it seems to have no issues anymore)

Yep. There was a small patch few moments ago that apearantly took care of it

Confirmed. Issue is resolved.

Updated this morning to the War Within PrePatch (EU), now I also have the crashes a few seconds / a minute after log-in and starting to move around.

Same here, ever since this morning with TWW Pre-Patch event update, I get it on all characters almost instantly…

Same here, tried disabling all addons… worked for a hour… logged onto an alt… and instant crashes again. With and without Addons

I´ve already made a thread today, but I FOUND fix. It is broken after today´s reset. To fix this, you have disable Advanced Work Submit and Optional GPU Features in the graphics settings. This worked for me and a couple of other players. Game looks a bit worse but I suppose it is better than crashing before they fix it

EDIT: Tried re-enabling everything. Set the rendering scale to 100% and seems like it works aswell. No crashes so far, but we´ll see

2 Likes

I will leave my error report here and leave.

BE7EC82A-58A0-407B-994D-C923D0147469

649A3D96-CBFF-4089-BB63-C2346FBB7D7C
I can’t play any character, I always get this error, please fix it.

Hey all,

As noted by some players, this issue was fixed a few days ago.

If you are seeing a different issue (which is causing a game crash), please do follow Vensq’s post, and open a new thread.

Thank you!