Crashing and freezes Nvidia GPU Patch 8.3

Huge problems after patch 8.3. Crashes with error 132 in raids, dungeons, BG’s, the new zones, When doing/trying to do horrific visions. Some places are guaranteed to crash every time such as the room before entering horrific visions.

I’ve tried every possible fix I can think of. Reinstall WOW, no addons, all settings to min or max or something in between, Reset CMOS and reinstalled windows etc.

Tested ram, Kept track of temperatures and everything in between. Nothing helps. The issues have been going on since patch and only got worse. I’ve tested all kinds of drivers going all the way back to april 2019 and nothing seems to make a difference. DX11, legacy or DX12 same story, they work equally good or bad. Running everything as administrator doesn’t do anything either.

I have included all the relevant info in the links below. 6 days left before subscription ends, And I don’t intend on renewing if these problems aren’t fully fixed. Also if this means anything, I had absolutly no problems or ever had any problems running wow before patch 8.3 on my current computer.

DXDiag. pastebin .com/EaKSS5T2
MSInfo. pastebin .com/GcSiBVSp
Crashreport. pastebin .com/wPf0qQCt

Same problem here from start 8.3
GeForce RTX 2070
Intel i5-8600k 3.60GHz
16gb RAM
SSD 500gb

Got my graphic preset on lowest possible, tried every fix/reinstall on this or other forums, but still my fps drops to 0 and game stop responding during boss fights in Nyalotha.

There is topic almost month old and fix nowhere.

just been through your full dxdiag and pretty much the same as mine other than the driver version mine is an older driver 26.21.14.3648 which i have no issues at all with if you havn’t try that driver

8.3 corrupted the game for almost everybody, it’s not you. try select directx11 legacy, fixed the issue for me (but obviously we are still waiting for a final solution)

I tried out that driver version this morning. No changes at all. Same problems and issues sadly.

DX11 Legacy is no fix for a modern system since it makes the game run at like 50% of the normal FPS :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Trinìty,

I can see that the main thread for this was linked already, so I’ll go ahead and close this one.

As noted here as well, the most reliable workaround for now seems to be using DX11 Legacy so definitely give that a try and also keep an eye on the main thread for any further updates.