Crazy FPS drops when panning camera since prepatch?

I have a 2060 Super. I went crazy and I was unable to find this option in the BIOS. Now this explain it why. You saved my mentality, I can rest now.
Oh, well, atleast, I updated my BIOS a bit.

Yeah, the driver is not fixing the problem. This is clearly a blizzard side error.

Same problem here with 3060 ti.
After pre patch launch crazy fps lag

Just registering for Blizzard EU that I’m having these same problems - tanked FPS to the point of unplayability, specifically extreme stuttering when I pan the camera. The console command seems to have made a noticeable improvement, but it is still far worse than I had before 10.0, even in old zones.

2 Likes

Yep game is awful now with these fps drops.

2 Likes

The game is literally unplayable – what’s scary is that I haven’t seen much coverage for this, hopefully it won’t take them months to address.

2 Likes

i mean i can’t even be mad at blizzard, they’re just under pressure because of activision tellling them to be faster about the dragonflight x-pac

so nothing’s ready

everything’s buggy

3 Likes

GOD BLESS YOU. :innocent: :innocent:

1 Like

Just wanted to put some info could be random thing not sure. but disable game sound seems helping some.

1 Like

Got the same problem atm, fps bounching up and down, tryed lfr earlyer on alt it was a shutter hell and almost at 7fps.
removed addons, reinstalled computer, repaired wow, reinstalled wow, changed to a New SSD disk. turned off everything i could find but still fps jumps up to 120 and down to 30.
Panning, moving, questing etc is pretty sad atm.

i can play cyberpunk, MW, BioMutant with almost everything on max setting with out any problems. -.-

w10 pro
3070 Rtx
32g 3200 ram
i7-10700F cpu

1 Like

I tried them all. No difference, still horrific stuttering whenever panning the camera and horrific CPU load.

I’ll just wait for the fix from their end.

You can also try to put the graphics API on DirectX 11 Legacy, for me it increased my FPS.

Anyone else getting massive stuttering/fps drops whenever you wanna transmog stuff?

Well yesterday was a real mess for me,especially in Oribos and Stormwind. i barely managed to get to the weekly Vault to get my loot and back to Stormwing where it was just a tiny better.
I noticed that if you just stand still in Oribos it’s fine,but once you start moving in any way you’re just watching pictures.
It’s defenetly on Blizzard’s side! I don’t know what they did.Oribos was laggy only in the busy hours and still not that much.

since new game build stuttering completely gone for me. But GPU usage is still above 80% and in ardenwald GPU temp 86C :frowning:

1 Like

My gpu goes crazy with 100% usage and temperature rise like crazy…
Cant play the game like this,alot of stutering,fps drop and gpu usage.

1 Like

Absolutely the same thing. CVAR change have made my fps better, but GPU usage and temperature goes crazy, so I have to stop playing.

i invite everyone to open the task manager before opening WoW, go into the performance tab in the task manager and select the tab with your GPU, make sure the usage is at 0% as it should be before opening wow, now keep the task manager running, open wow, and you will notice as soon as you enter in game the gpu usage goes to 100% immediately, even if you are in a location alone with no other players and no npcs, especially the 3d rendering usage goes to 100% as soon as you are in game, of course that leaves no room to load other assets when you meet lets say another player or a new npc that needs rendering , but since your render is already at 100% FOR NO REASON this will cause the stuttering and the massive frame drops.

3 Likes

Yeah my GPU usage goes up to 100% and it doesnt even do that on Games that are much more demanding. I can play Cyberpunk 2077 on max graphics but not WoW? This is rediculous.

2 Likes

it was dropping frames before today’s update , but now it is maxing my GPU , dropped from 100 FPS in busy areas on option 8 on graphics to 50 FPS , lucky i got decent cooling on my case but the fans are running heavy to keep my GPU to 72C , CPU goes max at 30% so no issues on that side

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
NVIDIA 2060 Super
32 GB
1 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 980 Pro

3 Likes