Crazy FPS drops when panning camera since prepatch?

There is no way this is a hardware issue.

Surely this has to get fixed soon?

Thank you Asfx for finding a temporary solution.

1. AdvancedInterfaceOptions addon → Cvar browser → search for “gx” and then set GxAllowCachelessShaderMode to “0”
    or
  2. open your WoW folder directory and under Retail > WTF > Config.txt paste this into the file: SET GxAllowCachelessShaderMode “0”

Below fixed the problem 80%+++ and is the temporary fix until Blizzard come out with something official

Still waiting for an official update from Blizz

30 Likes

Yeah. I noticed it too.
I tried to fix it with Nvidia Experience, but it broke the whole UI for me (I made a post about it).
So, try to avoid that, until this FPS drop is fixed.

1 Like

Massive stutters here. It was exactly the same on PTR since weeks.

There’s a topic about it on US forums: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/massive-stutters-with-df-client/1379249

RTX 2060 SUPER
i5 11600k

there’s no way its a hardware issue - especially that I don’t play with high settings.

4 Likes

Almost identical hardware as mine (I got a lesser CPU). Stutters in every zone, even in the old ones. Mostly when camera is panning

4 Likes

Yep same here, happens everywhere, even turning down settings the absolute minimum, disabling all addons etc, still getting it. Was completely fine yesterday, 120fps+ on the almost the highest settings and running at 2k.

3 Likes

same here , fps drops when panning

2 Likes

already posted in technical but ill repeat it here incase u guys are affected by the same graphic setting:

when i look straight down outside of the garison area in dreanor expansion (and only with water quality set to good or higher) the gpu skyrockets to 100% and fps drops to 40. putting water quality down to fair drops the load to 60% again at 60fps

1 Like

same here.

also getting this too. stutter when panning the camera, and even from just running around.

r5 3600
rx 6700
32gb ram 3200mhz

3 Likes

Yes I also have this problem, 9900k and 3070. Just like Beta, but for some reason I didn’t have this issue on PTR.

1 Like

Got the same. Especially after using heartstones/portals to new areas and also after just loggin into the game. Also noticing my computer working much harder then before.

Disabling all my addons doesn’t work either.

Was fine yesterday before pre-patch. All drivers updated.

i5-12600KF
3060 ti
16 GB RAM

1 Like

Same problem here.

i5-12600k
3070 ti
32 GB Ram

As soon as I move the camera the FPS drops dramatically.
I have noticed that this problem persists even with graphics quality 1.

Also the problem seems to almost disappear after a long game session, but if you close the Client and restart WoW the problem starts again.

3 Likes

Same for me. Quite big frame drops since pre patch, can happen when I pan the camera but also just running around, especially loading into a zone like Oribos. Not running any addons, so no conflictions there and I couldn’t see any graphical options that had enabled themselves to kill my fps or anything.

1 Like

Stuttering like mad in Stormwind, Orgrimmar and Oribos. Dropped my graphical settings by 2 presets and it is exactly the same. Was fine yesterday, all drivers updated, no improvement.

R5 3600 @4.2GHz
16GB 3200
1660 Super Gaming X

1 Like

Very laggy everywhere since pre patch even in raids

1 Like

same here, deleted addons wtf cache interface folders nothing helped

Yeah, this is pretty terrible. Simply running around or panning the camera causes a total pause in rendering. It’s around the order of 120ms stalls so the stuttering is very bad and affects gameplay. Some kind of asset management/object loading issue perhaps?

1 Like

You say that it is doing so many tests, PTR is being done, beta is being done. everything is done, patch is coming but problems problems fps drops stutters i don’t understand anyone playing at all? how are these not seen and fixed? The game that worked super yesterday is officially broken today.

1 Like

This stuttering/bad performance issue is somewhat new. It wasn’t like this on beta a few weeks ago. Someone has committed a bad piece of code. :smiley:

1 Like

same here … FPS drops and annoying stuttering same in BETA. Both accounts two different computers. i9 9900k + RTX2070S and i5 8500 + GTX1080. Both computers 16GB RAM and SSD. No matter what details in game used, no matter what addons used :frowning:

1 Like