Crazy FPS drops when panning camera since prepatch?

Same problem.

1 Like

I am having the same problem, 16gb ddr 4 at 3400, ryzen 2600x cpu and amd 6700xt 12gb gpu.

Whenever I move camera the game lags as crazy, it was never like this before and I had everything maxed out playing at 4k.

Yep I have the exact same issue. Also sent in a ticket. Doesn’t matter what I do: turn graphics to 1, Uninstall all add ons, reset interface settings. All make no difference to performance. Issue seems to be loading in player assets. My chars on character select screen take seconds to load now and in major cities it horrendous fps drops to 0 until players a loaded in then game is a bit more stable but not great. Had no issues at all yesterday before pre-patch. I did try the PTR a few weeks ago and notice the same issues.

1 Like

Came to say that this seems to have sorted it for me. <3

Also, out of curiosity I turned it back ON again and it seems to have no effect…

So either something is being turned OFF and not ON again OR there is a bug in which turning OFF and ON again solves the problem.

i have this too,game is stuttering a lot ,also this new ui…cant open bags by click them,cant make a 24 horizontal bar with the gargoyles in each side,cant open map and drag it where i want in real time,cant edit the size of the mini map.

idk man…i smell a refund

1 Like

There’s already a post about this on NA forums (https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/massive-stutters-with-df-client/1379249). Having exactly the same issues since today’s patch update, game was running smoothly yesterday.

MS Win 11 (10.0.22621 Build 22621)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
all drivers updated

I have the same problem, disabled all addons seems like its fixed now, will test all addons and keep you update for which ones causing this problem.

Same situation here. I did a full reinstall 2 hours ago, no addons and I did reset the userinterface (cvar_reset and cvar_default) for each individual character to start absolutely clean. Didn’t help…

I did notice something else though. On my usual setup i have a fonts folder with 3 fonts to replace the default blizz fonts because i have problems reading those . On a clean install, so without putting my own fonts folder there, loading a character a fonts folder is created by default. Thats a new one. After logging out and looking in that folder i see files there like “615960.slug”.

I am no expert on fonts but a quick google indicates that fonts are now rendered by the gpu instead of the cpu and those xxxx.slug files are some form of cache? Could it be that for example when you mouse over go over nameplates, crowded areas, fonts are rendered dynamically by the gpu what causes a fps dip?

edit

Just had a quick look at this fonts folder. Seems that those *.slug files are put there by the client when you exit the game, so the files are not there when playing. Just checked the beta (backup i made before the clean install) and the fonts folder is filled with slug files…50+ files over 150 mb slowly growing. No clue what to think of that one.

my system specs:

MS Win 11 (Version 10.0.22621.755) = 22H2
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
64 GB RAM
AMD 6900XT
all drivers fully updated

Try running the Windows Disk CleanUp tool and deleting the DirectX Cache. See if that alleviates it.

Right click on your system drive in windows explorer. Click properties. Disk Clean Up button. Tick DirectX Shader Cache. Run tool.

Blizzard just messed it up like always. Hope they will fix it asap. It can’t be like that.

Just tried it, made no difference at all.

1 Like

Didn’t seem to help much for me unfortunately. I even get stutter running around in my covenant sanctum, never had any stutter at all there during Shadowlands.

didnt work for me disabled still laggy

It is exactly the same type of lag we faced on beta (if you had beta access)
Annoying as hell

but ppl with issues now say in beta it wasnt like this so i wonder is there hope for a resolution as it is now its unplayable :S

Also getting mad stuttering when rotating camera.

1 Like

Mad stuttering when loading players in Stormwind; it’s pretty bad and wasn’t a thing before prepatch.

EDIT:
Several of my friends have the same issue too.

1 Like

anyone tried a reinstall ?

Right, so disabling Computing Effects does nothing for me.
The game stutters heavily when around crowded zones.
WoW also eats up 90% of my GPU now, before prepatch it sat on 40% max.

Performance is terrible and many of my friends are reporting the same thing. Another friend is crashing for nth time too.

Mind you, not a PC issue; we all play on actual beasts.

2 Likes

See my post (29).

Clean Windows 11 22H2 (Acronis image with every driver updates, without gpu drivers to keep it clean). Fresh AMD driver 22.10.2. Clean install of wow, full UI reset, even cvar_reset / cvar_default for each character.

After starting wow gave it a few minutes to build to shader caches for at least Oribos…doenst help that much.

Just did the same thing on another pc, fully updates, but with an nvidia card. Same behaviour

1 Like