Crazy FPS drops when panning camera since prepatch?

Amazing work! Helped a lot, GPU performance not great but at least somewhat playable now.

Thanks, this helped me too. Didn’t fix it fully but made it a lot less laggy. Thank you!

if i got a dollar for every directX 12 game that have shader related stuttering i’d be rich now. its like developers dont know how to program for it, unlike monster hunter rise which preloads shaders on launch

Yep. I am having the same exact issue.

No FPS drops, but as soon as I turn the camera around the game just freezes for microseconds or when I move around at it loads new players/textures.

GTX3070 + Ryzen5 5600X

I’m playing with fully max’ed settings and no addons, never had a single issue before patch. Stutters only ocurring after patch and they’re quite crippling.

I knew 100% something like this would happen, hence I avoided Pre-Ordering the new expansion.

Not buying until this is atleast, officially recognized.

If people are saying this has been since Alpha testing, heavily reported and no mention from the Devs, I have a bad feeling about this.

Can confirm

Putting:
SET GxAllowCachelessShaderMode “0”

into config.wtf made it almost go away here aswell.

i5 9600k with RTX 3070 running 522.25 Geforce driver on Windows 10. Game running 1440p with Graphics Quality set to 10 and no Vsync, if it matters to any tech-eyes who maybe view this thread.

1 Like

So I fixed the issue I just don’t know which of all these settings did it:

• SET GxAllowCachelessShaderMode “0” in Config file

• Unchecked Max background and Target FPS

• Reduced Compute Effects from High to Good

Stuttering is gone (at least it is so far)

Hope it helps someone.

Be sure to check your GPU usage too.
In Elwynn Forest mine goes to 100%; before it was -a lot- less and it did not go over 40%

Confirming that adding the line in the config file helped almost completely.
3080ti.

1 Like

same problem here and my system isn’t underpowered either. here’s hoping they fix it asap.

Funny.
“This topic has been solved”, it says. NO, it is NOT solved…

Anyway, in the US forums, Blizzard asked for dxdiags, and then went to radio silence since. The first hotfix does not fix they bug, and there is not a single mention in the “known issues” about this.
Fishy…

You’re right. It’s not solved yet, but I put Asfx’s answer as the solution so it has more visibility because it seems to be helping most of us.

It helped a lot, thank you so much for this. World of difference for me, very smooth now compared to yesterday. No idea how this works but I am glad it does.

Small update that could possibly help, especially for people owning RTX Series Nvidia GPUs. Make sure the Resizable BAR option is enabled within your BIOS settings. In order to see if it is enabled, open the Nvidia Control Panel, down left, System Information, if Resizable BAR is labelled YES, you are good to go, if not you will have to enter the BIOS settings Advanced - PCI Subsystem Settings or IO Ports (depending on your mobo’s brand) and enable it from there). Make sure to enable both Resizable Bar and 4G Decoding. If you are unable to find above options in your BIOS, it is a good chance you are in need of a BIOS update.

Yeah not sure what is going on here. I am running at maxed out GPU usage at 78% render scale on 1440P with a 3080 and not even reaching 144FPS in Elwynn Forest. DX 11 and 12 both show the same problem.

Drivers are up to date, did a clean install with DDU, same settings enabled as before.

Not sure if they increased either shadow quality or draw distance but something is up as enabling RT high barely has an effect on max FPS, before it was a noticeable 40-50FPS hit.

E: Having the lowest shadow quality barely gives an increase of around 15 FPS compared to ultra high.

1 Like

A very poor implementation of cacheless shaders causing very bad performance issues on even top end hardware.

And why would you disable shader caching by default anyway? There’s no noticeable decrease in load times, but a lot of performance issues.

Tried the “fixes” people have given and they did not help. CPU usage is now at 70% where before it would be 48.

Giving up, hopefully they fix this before November 15th because it’s unplayable to those of us for whom the fixes do not do a thing.

1 Like

What is your CPU?
Why are you only using 78% renderscale on a 3080?
If at all, most likely your CPU will limit first.

Resizable Bar only works on RTX 3000+ :frowning:

Which fixes did you try?
The shader caching definately helps reduce the first time loading stutters and turning down the “compute effects” to low from ultra increased my FPS in certain spots by 40 FPS without a difference in visual quality.

Nothing new?
I saw there is a new NVidia driver but it doesn’t work.

I hope they will be able to fix the problem within the second part of the prepatch

I have a 2060 Super. I went crazy and I was unable to find this option in the BIOS. Now this explain it why. You saved my mentality, I can rest now.
Oh, well, atleast, I updated my BIOS a bit.

Yeah, the driver is not fixing the problem. This is clearly a blizzard side error.