Creating Macros for my Hunter

I have been having an issue with the timing aspect of making Macro’s for my Hunter.

This is just an example, but i want it to go something like this.

/castsequence Barbed Shot, Cobra Shot, Kill Command

I want to add a timing sequence to this, so it resets, rather than where i stop it continues, previous attempts have failed, so i am getting it wrong somewhere, such as…

/castsequence Reset=8 Barbed Shot, Cobra Shot, Kill Command

Anyone help with this. Once i figure out what i am doing wrong with the timing on this issue i can then get to work on other Char’s.

Thank you.

u need /1 first cast spell before cast barbed shot or cobra shot and kill command

Firstly, thank you for the reply.

Secondly, sorry, i do not understand this “1 first cast spell”. I learn by examples, being Autistic has an effect on my learning abilities. So, yeah, i just simply do not understand what you are saying.

castsequences reset when they reach the end of the sequence or trigger the reset condition. Adding a reset won’t make it so Kill Command is spammable until the reset occurs. Furthermore, reset=8 means reset the sequence when the button has not been pressed for 8s, not reset it 8s after the first spell in the sequence was cast.

They also only advance on successful spell casts so including something like Barbed Shot that has a cooldown is just a bad idea all around.

What you’re trying to do isn’t going to work in any meaningful useful way. Either use separate buttons or use modifier keys to determine which spell to cast eg.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Barbed Shot; [mod:alt] Kill Command; Cobra Shot

If you require a one button solution in order to play the game then you’ll want to take a look at the Gnome Sequencer addon.

I am guessing this is supposed to help in some way, well good news is i sorted it out myself, hours on the internet (boring as hell) got me what i wanted, seems a simple spelling error was my problem.
As for the sequence not going to work, i knew that. Wrote i wrote, and i did mention it in the original post, it is an example. Besides, in my experimentations on my Hunter, 90% of what i had planned did not work. I did manage to create 2 Macro’s for my Hunter, there is a problem with them though, and that is i need a full focus, a few seconds of non combat, which more or less defeats the original object intended.
So, an easy life, turned in to a nightmare, with minimal results.

Thank you for the reply though, it has been processed, the [mod:shift] thing at least.

One last question before i go, #showtooltip, if i just use that, instead of using, say, #showtooltip Barbed Shot, would it show all, instead of just Barbed Shot. Because this would be quite useful to know. What i learn here will come in handy for other Char’s on my account.

Again, thank you.

Like I said, if you require a one button solution check out Gnome Sequencer. It’ll do what you want and likely more.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/gse-gnome-sequencer-enhanced-advanced-macros

Yes #showtooltip by itself will follow the macro logic to determine which icon/tooltip to display (there’s also #show if you want the icon and no tooltip). You can also include condition logic in the statement if you want to override it, which is essentially what you’re doing when you specify Barbed Shot after it. I recommend not specifying it unless you’re building something were you pop like a trinket or potion before the spell you’re triggering.

#showtooltip [mod:shift] Barbed Shot; [mod:alt] Kill Command; Cobra Shot
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/cast [mod:shift] Barbed Shot; [mod:alt] Kill Command; Cobra Shot

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.