Crossfaction BG's

Need to happen ASAP

Idk how this isnt a thing since TBC…vanilla was all about one faction vs another,but in this day and age,to sit in queue for 20 minutes + is totally unacceptable.

On top of that,every epic bg during the night (late hour) horde outnumbers ally by 10-20 players,depends on BG.

If i was ally,i wouldn’t even be playing BG’s.I would spam forums 24/7 with topics like this.

Queue as opposite faction isnt solution at all,because if everyone queued as opposite faction to avoid certain issues,nothing would have been achieved at all.

This is NOT the way to manage game this big.No wonder you losing subs by dozen each day.

5 Likes

Get the mercenary buff and queue as alliance.

2 Likes

If you cared to read post,rather than replying based on title,and reading what i wrote,you would understand why queue as ally doesnt work.

It literally solves nothing.

4 Likes

I did read your post. This is also currently the only feasible solution as not all battlegrounds work with cross faction.

Mercenary works just fine, and it isn’t that everyone is queuing as the opposite faction. The problem is that many people either don’t know about it, or cba standing afk in oribos/dalaran while waiting for the queue to pop.

Before I swapped to alliance I was queueing with merc all the time. Fast queues, and the only downside is whisper issues.

Yes all BG’s can work with crossfaction,private servers managed to do it,i highly doubt blizzard cant.

They can but they dont want to.God forbid someone is allowed to have fun for a change…

Sure they can, but it’s a matter of development time that they are spending on other things. When they introduced cross faction in 9.2.5, Alterac Valley already broke for mercenary, where all Horde NPCs remained friendly to Horde players that joined as mercenary. Then there’s a bunch of other things in epic battlegrounds that are simply not compatible in terms of lore as the banners, npcs etc are all faction based.

I’m sure they’ll get around it at some point, mercenary proves it more-or-less already works in the bgs themselves. However, the queue has to be made compatible as well, and it wouldn’t surprise me if this is far more complicated.

• do you count a cross-faction player as someone who takes of a slot in both queues?
  • what’s the prediction on queue time for cross-faction players?
  • how do you deal with players that opt out of cross faction?
  • how do you deal with the frostwolf vs stormpike insignia?
  • how do you deal with the Ashran banners?
  • how do you deal with other faction specific stuff?

Merc changes your race to the opposite faction as well, including racials, which is much easier than to suddenly have a horde player needing to be compatible with alliance stuff.

Don’t work for brawl, horde sits 1 hour que for it.

Yes. brawl is the exception for mercenary and it’s really annoying. Brawl also doesn’t have the same cross-region queueing. Germans end up with Germans for example.

Some people like the horde vs alliance dynamic. Personally I am happy to wait longer as having enemy factions makes the game more enjoyable. My queues are also only 4mins for random bgs as horde or 2min is I queue as alliance. So either youre exaggerating or youre on a server with a dead battle group.

I literally never experienced 20 min queue though. Its like 4 or 5 min as merc and perhaps 9 or 10min as horde. Im pretty OK with this

devs on private servers actually play the game, while blizz devs are not apparently.

it is sad but yes, not only are crossfaction bgs are needed but since we only have like 100 players left in the game, we also need cross language random bgs like epic bgs.
Having 1h queue time at night in for a random bg is really speaking volumes for a mmorpg
maybe we should just delete one “m” as it isn’t massive anymore

2 Likes

While testing my addon I had to queue up and then cancel to test something. I’ve had several 20~30 minute BGs on the horde side. It happens.

However, usually my queue time is 8~10 minutes. Alliance is mostly 2~4 minutes in the EBG queue for me, so that’s very doable imo.

Battlegrounds Alliance vs Hordes.

Let’s make them crossfaction!
Wait, who are we gonna fight now?

Vulpera and Pandas vs The rest!

Cmon, you know it ain’t going to happen…
Battlegrounds (including AV) are ment to be Horde vs Alliance…

6 Likes

100% agree.

Personally I play this game because the faction war in PvP.

I want to fight the Horde, not a mix of races from both factions.

2 Likes

You play this game to smash unorganized people as a premade, I’m sure factions are very important during this process :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

4 Likes

What does not wanting cross-faction have to do with premades? :clown_face:

False: to smash horde players, which frequently plays in other premades.

Believe it or not, pre-made vs pre-made is the goal :slight_smile:

That’s the goal of RBG’s, not Random unrated BG’s. (Or does RBG mean Random Battleground :thinking:)
That’s why the LFG BG and Arena queu’s work how it works :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

There’s sadly no rated epic battlegrounds.

its the healer shortage what makes you wait.
if i que as healer at horde i almost get instant pop up but on mine hunter i need to wait 5 til 10 minutes.
by solo shuffle the same as healer you just get it popped in 1 second while as dps you need to wait for it