Current Spec Graphics

Greetings WoW Forum people,

I would like to ask for an opinion on such a matter. Till now my PC specs are these:

Motherboard : Gigabyte B360 HD3 (rev. 1.0)
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2666MHz
CPU : Intel Core i5-8500 Box
Graphic Card : Gigabyte GeForce GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming (GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD Rev 2.0)
Operating System : Windows 10 64 bit
SSD : Samsung 850 Evo 250GB (only windows)
SSD : Samsung 860 Evo 250GB (Blizzard games)
HHD: For random/other stuff
Monitor : LG (24M37H-B) 23.5", 1920x1080, 5ms, 1000:1, 60hz

I was wondering If with that spec, I will be able to play everything on the highest tier settings there is (Ultra-high).

Except for the basic Ultra High settings and the settings are placed on auto when u pick the 10/10 graphics, I am talking also for:

Vsync: Enable
Triple buffering: Enable
MSAA : Colox 8x / Depth 8x
Multisample Alpha-Test: Enabled
Post-Process AA: CMAA
Resample Quality: Bicubic
Max Foreground Fps: Enabled 200 FPS
Max Background FPS: Disabled

I am not an expert like you here, and google is not really helpful for me to understand if I want something or if I should enable or disable something, thatā€™s why I am asking your opinion.

Thank you in advance

Sincerely,
Aquiru

You wont be able to run WoW with maxed out settings, all 10 and Ultra with that PC.

WoW isnt optimized to be run well with everything on max settings, even if you have a super PC and yours its far from it.

1 Like

My guess would be that Recommended (in Settings Menu) would offer you ā€˜7ā€™ā€¦ Iā€™ve found that to be the best that the game will recommend.

1080p has the best chance of being able to be fully maxed out, but youā€™d probably need an i9-9900K(S) & RTX 2080ti combo to get there.

hmmm so ā€¦ do we use the recommended? cause the wow knows what it wants? xD

heeeeeeey :ā€™( 7 is bad.! lol i9??? wtf :stuck_out_tongue: I dont think that wow is such a gameā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: ā€¦ its not like the red dead redemption for example xD which needs a Nasa Pc to be played with everything on max xD

Youā€™ll be surprised good an experience 7 will get youā€¦

The game engine that WoW uses is still largely CPU dependant, so the better your CPU is, the better game settings you can use - all the GPU does is be able to display the frames that the CPU renders, at the resolution of your choice. Most newer games will dump off (most, if not all of) the graphics processing to the GPU.

A better graphics card will enable you to play at 1440p or higher resolutions more smoothly.

And yes; any setting higher than 7 is provided for ā€œballinā€™ā€ hardware of the i9/2080ti variety.

Hmmm ok, I set everything to 7. Although, I wanted my Environments to 10 :confused: I donā€™t think I might have a problemā€¦ what do u think?
Also, I donā€™t think that the Graphics Quality Bar (7), adjusts the Advanced section tooā€¦ can u help me on what should I have to pick there? Right now its :

Vsync: Enable
Triple buffering: Enable
MSAA : Colox 8x / Depth 8x
Multisample Alpha-Test: Enabled
Post-Process AA: CMAA
Resample Quality: Bicubic
Graphics API: DirectX 12
Max Foreground Fps: Enabled 200 FPS
Max Background FPS: Disabled

Thank you for ur help <3

These setting levels are getting into the ā€˜too advanced for meā€™ territory, unfortunatelyā€¦ might be worth comparing what GeForce Experience reckons you should use, compared to what ā€˜Recommendedā€™ says & work from thereā€¦ also depends on what content youā€™re looking to optimise your settings for.

1 Like

Yeah, Geforce experience will use what settings your card can support. It wants to do the whole 4K and downsample to 1440p for me with the 2080ti. So I let it do that and does help with the image sort of.

For 10 though, top range intel i9 processor with 2080ti or a RTX Titan. Or a Ryzen 9 3950x will do it. (AMDā€™s is only a few frames below Intel so itā€™s not even worth mentioning. Around 1-2% lower FPS really)

But not even those will cope much if it gets too busy or thereā€™s too much going on in large raids. Thatā€™s why the game brought in a new secondary graphic setting to set it lower if you want when in such large/crowded areas.)

FPS/response time is more important than eye-candy graphics anyways when busy doing hard contentā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d say that could play a solid 7 with maxed view distance and animations on 1080p
Or higher without those two
Iā€™d keep shadow quality on low tho, the only way I managed to prevent an FPS drop from maxed out shadow quality myself is memory sticks at 4k+ MHz

FPS drops from shadow quality on max?
I donā€™t get it :thinking:

Shadow detail is added ā€˜beautificationā€™ that adds to the GPU load; if youā€™re on the edge of what your GPU can handle, itā€™s one of those ā€œless noticeable featuresā€ you can afford to lose.

1 Like

Possibly they solved it when they expanded CPU functionality for the game but there used to be a time (for me) where Shadow quality: Low and shadow quality: Best was the difference between 120+ FPS and 20- FPS

Faster RAM memory solved that for me
Thatā€™s about as cut and dry as I can make it

Thereā€™s not a real noticeable difference either tbh thatā€™s the worst part

1 Like

It is definately not the RAM.
There must have been something wrong with your grfx driver or whatever.
Shadows donā€™t crush your FPS like that, unless your system is a toaster.

From highest to 2nd highest not that muchā€¦ but from low to medium and highā€¦ there is a big difference.

1 Like

Sorry I was on vacations and I couldnt see you replies :slight_smile: Thank you all very much! I bought AOC (AG241QX) 23.8", 2560x1440, 1ms, 1000:1, 144Hz, Gaming Monitor and I am going to do some testings :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.