Current state of PvP (2021, Q4)

Good points. The Dk healing part I dont really get but I play With UhDk so maybe Im biased.

You forgot to add the one shot rogues too…

Make melee melee range again. 4-5 yard instead of 15… I mean who has a 15 yard reach on his hands??

Also nerf feral bleeds… feral bleeds have to go. Nerf their healing, nerf their survivability and their mobility. If you kick a druid he/she should be locked out of nature spells including shapeshifting. Now they just go brrrr brrrr scoot scooot skrrrttt and they are gone.

Remove the healing on rogues while in stealth. I’m tired of the bull :poop: rogues who just sit in stealth for 30 seconds just to give it another try… and again and again… Increase the amount of seconds for them to get out of combat to ~15-20. Bring back the slow when in stealth at least 50% but better even 70%. Blind should no longer bring you out of combat instantly.

Remove hunter kyrian ability to shoot through walls. Remove hunter ability to prepare while in camouflage, just first spell gets you out of camouflage. Imho just remove the entire stealth bull :poop:.

Might as well give monks stealth as well.

Nerf WW monks. Too much damage, too much mobility, you can’t kite them or slow them. Remove their MS.

It doesn’t do that. You get out of combat after 6s, just like with Poly, Trap, or doing nothing.

Spreading misinformation is not a good thing.

So… we nerf damage defense and mobility. What remains ? A training dummy ?

2 Likes

WWs cannot kill with proc alone, they need SeF + Bonedust. And they can kill without sck proc too. Is l2p issue here.

Ok, hybrid healing might be a bit overtuned, but DK healing? It’s the only way of surviving and you can cast maximum 2 death strikes, if they’re not well timed, they’re healing 6k without any mortal effects.

This is only a 2s thingy, and ret is one of the worst classes in 2s.

This is toxic, kills few specs.

Warrior only does 35ks executes if none of you presses. Is already 1 year+ into the expansion and people still do not know how to counter other classes and are complaining of oneshots while they’re not pressing cds.

Intervene is fine as it is right now

If you make the spear trinketable, with the amount of couters it has, it will never seen any play.

Is clearly a l2p issue, since you’re conplaining about vesper. It dies from exactly 1 global.

It has a 6+ gcd setup and is super obvious. You can line/dispel dots and deathbolt does exactly 1 damage.

Only a 2v2 rogue mage thing, not that impactful in other scenarios.

Most of the issues you stated are l2p issues and can be resolved by improving

No one plays that legendary. If you go that, on frost, you’ll have 0 set-up which translates into 0 pressure.

And if you play that on the lackluster damage spec aka unholy, you’ll have even less damage.

That’s just a meme posted by rextroy and will never see any play at higher mmr

WW’s can’t kill relying on a proc alone, that i agree on, but they can do hell of a lot damage. This is without external factors like PI/dark arch, or even their own cooldowns. I am pretty sure WW’s can oneshot people with just Dark Arch and Trinket up when they have a proc from Chi-Ji.

DK legendary healing might be a meme, but try playing as a caster against it. Guaranteed to lose your sanity within a few games. This legendary is to casters what Craven is to ferals/assassinations. Either the legendary, healing, or the amount absorbs needs to go down.

Ret being one of the worst classes in 2s? According to arenamaster.io rets take up 14.18% of the melee players (This is 2k- 2.8k bracket in 2s for example). This is right below warriors, which are #1 with 29.22%. Arguably not the worst class in 2s.

Think about this for a second - What would happen if every class did 80% of players hp with a single finisher? Imagine Kill Shot doing 80% of your hp. Imagine Hammer of Wrath. All of those finishers are somewhat closely tuned, with Execute sticking the hell out, while it can do so much damage with no execute charge cooldown. It’s disgusting and needs to be toned down. Either that needs to go down, Banner needs to be nerfed OR there needs to be a nerf to Veteran’s Repute. (Potency conduit that gives roughly +15% str while banner is active). To top it off, also I strongly believe that there needs to be ICD set up for execute charge.

Also imagine Talented blessing of sacrifice being on a 30 sec cooldown. How much fun would that be to go against?

Let me guess. You play alongside Arms and a Resto shaman. (maybe even with a windwalker joining in from time to time)
Am I right?

Yeah, no.
Vesper totem is super to fun to play against when a shaman slams it behind a pillar, uses 2 charges, teleports it to the player and oneshots it. It’s fantastic especially when you’re chained with a Kyrian spear, unable to move out, unable to free from it and unable to trinket it.

And if you’re seriously defending Deathbolt, in that case, you might wanna schedule check up with a Doctor to see if everything is okay with you. But then again, you do play a DK, so you have gazillion ways of mitigating it.

Something tells me your whole arena experience relies on stacking people up, Kyrian spearing them and Vesper Toteming for hours and hours on end.

That’s funny, especially in 3s, I strongly recall having 2 teammates aside from you. If you’re one trick ponying, you’re gonna have a hell of a good time once a part of that one trick goes missing. Last time I checked, squishy classes prefer to roll a defensive legendary instead of an offensive one. (Mages with Triune, Hunters with Craven). Nothing wrong with having your teammates setting up a triple CC instead of them having you Frostwyrm freeze each offensive go.

Your whole post screams “don’t nerf me or my teammates, the teams we can beat are fine and don’t need any tuning”

Maybe it’s just me, but I highly dislike the whole "stick them together and cleave them down so hard " type of gameplay.

what u mean? the legendary dont get used in rated pvp. since dk doenst have the raw dmg pressure of other melees we kind of need a defensive like spellwarden. like casters can just stand there and facetank my damage while almost oneshotting me during offensive cd’s. like ams is gone in 1-2 globals lol and thats a defensive cd of mine. once im out of interrupts i get punished hard. and dont tell me i can big zone or silence. u can only chose one anti caster pvp talent since u need 2 offensive ones to do pressure. so either spellwarden, big zone or silence (mage/heal is an exception since u kinda need/want to play big zone and sim)

Doesn’t matter if the legendary gets used in rated pvp or not. An option for it exists, it’s just not as mainstream as the other legendaries are. You’re free to swap legendaries between different comps.

AMS being gone in a global or two depends on the class you’re facing. I’m 100% sure that Shadow Priests and Aff Locks would like to disagree hard on this one.

no there is no option for it and thats why noone plays it. if u dont use an offensive leggy u wont kill people.

sp removed my ams in 1 global before. idk how since i actually dont rly know how they do dmg but ye they do some good dmg while bursting.

and ye the leggy sucks anyway. its only okay-ish if u also use the dk weapon enchant hysteria. but then u not only miss a dps leggy but also dont have crusader enchant. so ye like already said the leggy is unplayable in rated and rextroy trolled hard.

If you think this, then you’re playing the game wrong

No one plays this, why don’t you understand. Frost only plays FWF stun, which is enabling the spec doing gos. If you play other legendary, you’ll have no pressure.

Even tho rep doesn’t mean a class is busted or not, Just set the filter to 2.1k+ And check how the rep goes down. You’ll never see rets above 2.4 in 2s.

Ret’s an amazing spec in 3s but will never play blind, since it’s simply useless.

I told you already. Is L2P issue. Disarm/cc warrior during its goes and see what happens. Also, save trinket + defs when he goes all in.

Vesper is literally the worst covenant ability. It’s so easily counterable. Maybe is a thing into lower brackets, but at 2.4+ you won’t see any sham playing it. Why? Because it takes 1 gcd to break it.

You can see the deathbolt go from miles ahead. If you can’t avoid such mechanic, then you might as well see a neurologist.

Of you’re complaining about dk, you have serious problems. It is and it was one of the worst classes since the release of SL. It’s go is so easily avoidable. Compare it to ret war zug zug go, or jungle 30sec trap gos.

I tried to point out that your gameplay is lackluster and you need to revise it if you wanna be a better player, not scream for nerfs that aren’t needed.

Just check the absorb of AMS. Is exactly 25k with 259 pvp ilvl and 38.5% vers. It’s gone in exactly 2 globals vs every caster that has cds up.

if u use it like that it aint counterable ez. the sham can just switch locations as often as he want btw with 40 yards range.

But it really is. It has to move it right between you, to be able to do some dam. It has 8 yard range and takes up a gcd to place it, and 1 gcd to move it. The totem can’t do damage through LoS and has a 8 yard radius which is ridiculous.

If you can’t kill totems, is a you problem, not a game problem.

Also, primordial wave is so much better on eles due to various reasons.

the last tick is the one that doest crazy dmg. u can do the 2 ticks before with the totem out of range (it doesn no dmg then for the 2 ticks ofc) then u move it in and do onaly the last tick in range of ur targets. can crit up to 50k+. u can kill it but u mostly need 2 gcd´s urself since it has slightly over 6k hp. and its very fast if u use it like explained.

Is it tho? During that duration, afflocks/spriests are unable to DoT you up, which also increase the effectiveness of the shield itself. It might be gone in 2 globals against other casters with cooldowns up, but please check how long is the CD on those globals from other classes vs the cd of the AMS.

Shaman can literally place the totem at the start of the match at the gates, move to the other side of arena, and then do a replacement, and oneshot someone. It lasts for 30 seconds, and it’s not gonna go away if shaman moves 40 yards from the totem.

It becomes a game problem once totems are not DoT-able. It’s easy to kill the totems as a melee, I’m not going to disagree on that one, but also depends on the kind of melee you are. Totem might have 7-8k hp, Druid shreds do 2k damage non-crit (and no cooldowns). Do the math.

Correct.

Have fun killing the totems as a melee if the shaman keeps relocating them from one side to another and then once it’s charged up, oneshotting you if it crits.

You do realize that it takes a gcd to move that up and down, and he won’t have time to charge that if he only moves it.

If locks/sp at your mmr range are bursting without dots up, then I feel sorry for you trying to play this game.

All problems you stated are l2p issues and are the main reason you’re hardstuck.

I won’t reply to this since is pointless to give you arguments and facts.

Actually players who think they’re always losing because of others, are the ones hardstuck and never improving.

I do 2k too outside cds, but I also have partners in 3s. This is a team game, not a solo game. If you wanna play solo, then go play dark souls.

Welp it has not a huge value anyways if i get just burst down through it. Its the only “good” baseline def dk has btw. Idk how sp do dmg exactly in burst will educate myself on that but my ams got removed from sp in 1-2 globals before.

But ye i dont want to whine to hard. Dk’s are in a good spot against casters rn.

Man, which part of the pre-loading a totem you don’t understand? All he needs to do is drop a 3rd charge and slam someone with it.
Seems like you don’t understand the mechanics of the totem. Let me simplify it for you.

Moving the totem has 3 seconds cooldown. THIS IS NOT ON THE GCD.
Charging up/Releasing the totem goes together with the spells cast. In this example, it is tied up with the GCD of the shaman when he’s casting.

He can literally drop the totem, use 2 instant spells, relocate the totem and in the same GCD activate it.

Lmao, this is hilarious.

Coming from someone whose warrior partner was duelist his entire life, only to hit 2.4 as soon as the class became broken. Please for the love of god and the sanity of others, pipe down. You have 2k games done this season in 3s, yet you have no idea how other classes match up.

Your one trick pony gameplay has seriously damaged you and inflated your ego beyond normal proportions.

Never said I’m losing, or pointed any fingers. I’ll gladly take any criticism that comes my way in arenas, and happily will learn from people who are higher rated.

So what you’re saying here is that if 1 player casts spell from team A, 2 or 3 players need to react from team B in order to prevent the nuke from happening? If it’s a team game, how comes that 1 player can nuke all 3 if everything aligns perfectly?

It would be great if you could actually double-check your facts before talking trash. Especially being stubborn about the classes you’re playing together with.