Cursor washed-out

Hey.

I’m gonna have to copy the issue from the US forums:

Since the update to Win10 1903, my icons in WoW has changed to a pale version of themselves. The default Gauntlet looks like it’s made of the same white metal used in the Arathi Warfront plate set, instead of the good old metal-grey. The cogwheel is pale yellow instead of golden. And so on and so forth. I’ve already tried changing the theme from my default to others and back again, but the problem still persist. I’ve also tried renaming interface and wtf folders to get a clean slate, but nope, same pale icons.

After a bunch of googling, I found the windows Steps recorder and took a screenshot. On THAT shot, the gauntlet looks normal. But when I am looking at the game, the gauntlet still shows as pale white. I know this isn’t a big thing for many people, but I don’t like the “new” pale icons that Windows is forcing on me and would like to revert back to “normal”, so if anyone has a clue how that’s going to happen, please enlighten me.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey Ambrodel,

If it looks normal on a screenshot, it might be your monitor itself causing the problem. Try and re-connect the monitor, or test with a different monitor if possible.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

I run a triple-monitor setup. All 3 does the same thing. The rest of the game, and all other programs and games looks just fine. The only thing that has changed in WoW, is the mouse cursor. The only thing that has changed on my computer, is update 1903. I know it’s not a lot to go by, but I really don’t know what else to do or say that could possibly be any more useful. I was playing literally minutes before starting the 1903 update and the cursor looked fine then.

UPDATE!
A solution has been found! And to think, it’s even one of the most basic troubleshooting steps in the past, oh, I don’t know, 25 years or so?

UPDATE YOUR DARN DRIVERS!

Although the one I used was fairly new, it was from before 1903 was released. Upon installing the latest GForce drivers, the cursor returned to its former self and full-colour glory. So yay!

Now, if only someone can let them know over on the US forums, that would be lovely. It might be all they need to do to fix it…

2 Likes

Switching the Windows theme can also fix this problem.

ie. Change to the new Windows Light theme, change back to Dark theme.

I have the exact same Issue, after updating Windows with latest update my Cursor is very washed-out.
I have tried changing Windows theme but it does nothing.

1 Like

Same here, after updating Windows 10 my cursor is very pale (in-game only) …
Tried every solution in EU and NA forums nothing helped…

Update your video drivers.

In Windows Personalization. Enable the new Light Mode Theme then turn it back to whatever you were using before.

i have the same problem and i cant fix it, my mouse is washed out, it says drivers are up to date and if i change dark/light nothing with the mouse ingame changes

3 Likes

I found a way to fix it!

I went into NVIDIA GeForce Experience, downloaded the latest update/drivers, picked custom installation, and checked the clean install box.

I started installing, and after the screen turned black for a moment, the cursor was back to normal!

Hope this works for you too!